The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pretty In Pink
Joined
·
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried the Sailfert Exit and it works great. We have a mixed tank, SPS, LPS, softies, leathers, shroos/ricordia and two BTA's, all came through. Haven't seen any bristle worms or that big one - (18"l and 1" around) and a hitchhiker x-mas tree worm.

Just read and followed instructions.

Even before I could get all the drops into the tank, it was starting to work. The flat worms we starting to float in a mucus string.

We are flatworm free:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,816 Posts
Hey wanareef! Your Our Tank url does not work! Congrats on the flatworms being gone!
:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,355 Posts
wanareef said:
Just tried the Sailfert Exit and it works great. ... ...Just read and followed instructions.
Congrats!

It would help many of the folks that have flatworms to know EXACTLY how you did your treatment, any fishes present, whether you had a few or many, etc. Do a search on Jenn's thread on flatworm exit and see why...

I have had flatworms in the past and got rid of them WITHOUT any chemical means, but it took several weeks and was more than just a pain in the @$$...

The more experiences we have, the better it will be for those that need such a product.
 

·
Pretty In Pink
Joined
·
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, have a couple of fsh, 2 tomato's, 3 yel tail damsels, sailfin blenny, psudiochromis, 2 tangs, varitiy of snails, hermits. Various SPS's, LPS's, softies, leathers, rose bta grn bta.

I got a fluval cannister filter loaded w/carbon ready to go before I started adding the drops. Kept the skimmer running throughtout the process, per instructions, and finally cleaned it out.

It said 1 drop per gal, so you have to accurately guesstamate the total gallonage of the system (LR's, DSB, sump, fug) , I erred on the small side. This suff comes in a very small bottle, smaller that a thing of visene (sp) so this must be some strong stuff. And in the instructions it said that it could be used again if they didn't start dying off.

Added the drops and before half-way thru, I could see the worms floating away from the LR and sandbed, all chained in a mucus string. Finished adding the drops and waited the 30mins, started the carbon going and just waited. The fish were all in their usually places, everything was normal. But like I said- haven't seen a bristle worm since, and that worries me, a little. Have been busy moving and had no time to do a good search for them yet, but will keep you posted on them. Had one that was "gran daddy" about 18 - 20" long and a big fat 1" across, then some in the 10" range and lots of babies.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top