The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a lot of little orangish brown flatworms all up in the lighted area of my tank... have been trying to remove them with a syringe but is there anything that loves to snack on them (besides a goby or a wrasse?) I already have a mandarin and a leopard wrasse on order.

Cheers,
Eric

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't....i have some reservations about these products though, is it safe for clownfish and a mandarin dragonet, oh and a coral banded shrimp?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will the dragonet not eat some of them himself? I've been using a pipette to suck them up by the dozens...I'm hoping that I can can most of them out that way and their food source dries up. They may be feeding on some peppermint shrimp bodies that never turned up, which I got to control an Apistasia outbreak. If only i'd known about dipping new frags.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
nope. they are poisonous to many fish, so they are not preyed upon by many things. they can however be controlled by controlling the nutrient levels in the system. they are photosynthetic. what algae needs to live, these flatworms also need. if the nutrient levels are low enough they can not live. this can be very difficult to accomplish if you keep corals that prefer some nutrients in the water column. in that case Flatworm Exit may be your best option. though read up on the pitfalls of using this before dosing the tank and get the appropriate amount of extra make up water and carbon handy.

G~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts