The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a flat looking worm that is blackish with white spots. I managed to catch it with a turkey baster which is where I'm keeping it right now. I was wondering if anyone knows what this little guy is and if he is good or bad for my reef tank. I recently just acquired some macro algae from a fellow reefer for my refugium, and I have been finding quite a few hitchhikers. I have at least 50 gammaridean amphipods now and I hadn't seen a single one until I added the caulurpa. Just looking for help here I'm not looking to get chewed out for buying caulerpa ( I know people have a lot to say about it and believe me I'm willing to take the risk to get rid of my Dino's which I have battled for months and just now starting to win); I'm just looking to find an id on this strange looking worm thing. Please let me know if you can help! Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
Based on this website, it looks like a Acoel Flatworm - get rid of it. Scroll down the page to the very bottom. Look at the the last two photos in the second to last line of photos. Pretty close match there - the white spots in the center of the body and overall shape match up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.