The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up a 65g tank (36"x18"x24") and I was wondering how a pair of hawaiian flame wrasses would do in this size reef. Other fish I am planning is a blue dot jawfish, pair of black clowns. I've found information saying anywhere from 30g to 90g is required so I'm kinda right in the middle.

Also a site said that if you buy 2 females then one will change into the male??
Thanks for any help!

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
You are going to want to build some type of cover for the tank (preferably fine mesh netting) to keep the fish in the tank, especially the bluespot. They are a hard to keep fish, so be aware that you may not be able to keep one long term.

As for the flame wrasses, most wrasse's are fast, active swimmers and like a lot of space, so I would tend to lean on the higher end of the tank sizing recommendations for one, especially if you plan on keeping 2

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have 20 HI flame wrasse on order for my 225, I've also had many in the past. A pair would do fine in a 65gallon. HI flames are also jumpers so make sure you have a canopy with a covered back or netting.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Funny

My new tank is a high 65 G , i have my black & white clowns, i'm waiting for my Mc Coster wrasse and Velvet wrasse, and i'm gona have a diamond goby for the bottom part. If you get more than one wrasse, make sure they are either, 2 different species or 2 male and one female, the reason the males will show their colors better, and flash againts the other male. So if only 2 get 2 species male.

This is what you need for the top

I got the receipe or how to do it in my link signature

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
I went and purchased the material for this type of cover tonight fora 29 NC/BC that I am setting up as an ornamental Macro algae display that I intend to keep some sort of jawfish in. I was inspired by your Macro thread you posted a while back, Basile. I will post up a few pics of the cover materials and where i got them from in a thread that I start tomorrow..

·
Registered
315 Posts
I went and purchased the material for this type of cover tonight fora 29 NC/BC that I am setting up as an ornamental Macro algae display that I intend to keep some sort of jawfish in. I was inspired by your Macro thread you posted a while back, Basile. I will post up a few pics of the cover materials and where i got them from in a thread that I start tomorrow..

Cool, Tony; you know i sold my macro tank a few weeks ago, i sold the tank and the seahorses i had, i kept some algae for my fuge this time but i rather dedicate to one tank, since i'm gone so much for so long. 45 day cycle for me . 45 days work outside the country and 45 off still paid lol. So i had too chose. I miss those horses, they where so cool and fun to watch. I still have a few algae from my collection but it more a fuge now, than a biotope.

Good luck with your tank, and i'm glad i was able to inspire some one, thats cool.:blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob::blob: Send me a PM when your tank is set up with a link to your thread.

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
The tank has been setup for a few weeks, I added some dry rock yesterday I am going to start a thread here today on the build... I will shoot you a PM with the link though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts