The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's opinion on keeping a flame angel in a reef tank? I get conflicting opinions, mostly leaning toward the side of "don't do it." Here is what I have:

46 bow tank
1 coral beauty
1 green chromis
1 clown fish
1 royal gramma
1 cleaner shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
1 sea cuke

xenia, singularia, green star polyps, zoos, candy cane, mushroom polyps, kenya tree.

As you can see, it's all softies at this point, but I will be adding a bubble tip anemone and hopefully some LPS later on. Has anyone had enough success w/the flame angel to convince me to go ahead and try it? Also, I figure there is the potential to have the coral beauty and the flame angel do some brawlin. Ideas? Experiences? Opinions?

Thanks!

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
you allready have a coral beauty, if you get a flame angel in that size tank it may lead to bloodshed between the two

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
yea, it wouldnt be a big deal without the coral beauty, your pretty full now, and adding 2 angels in such a small space. not so good.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
It probully be ok because ,he would be trying to stay alive from your Coral Beauty.They would kill each other and you still will have your reef.
NOT A GOOD IDEAL!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
One of my friends tried it in a 55 gallon. The flame killed the coral beauty.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
yep chromis 3, 5, 7
i had four, seems like 2 paired off and beat up the other two chromis.
i blamed other fish in the tank until i witnessed the paired two gang up on the odd chromis out
i think chromis's "peaceful" nature is over rated. the pair i have often pick a fight with my cinnamon clown
i personally think chromis's are jerks lol...they always jet around the tank when i move too fast sending the other fish into a panic :mad:
nice looking fish, but you can just tell in their face that there stupid :eek: :lol:

sorry to go off topic :nuts:

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
i agree with all of the above. don't mix the dwarf angels.

AG

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I agree - and watch out for the BTA if you get one, mine just ate a hosting clown. They grow VERY fast.

Good rule of thumb is not to mix any dwarf angels in the same tank, especially a mid-sized tank. I have a rock beauty and he's peaceful but blind in one eye (smile).

HHC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts