The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Damsels don't jump, but a lot of people don't like them, sometimes they are aggressive, but there are lots of different type under the damsel name, and I personally never had difficulty with them. Chromis, are small and don't jump, they like to school. Clowns don't jump and have a waddle-like swim. You should check out a web site for aquarium fishes, click on a picture, it will usually give you a pop-up about the fish. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
dead fish!! lol sorry, no help. just messing around.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ive had alot of jumpers over the years. Even out of my 150 gallon which has a glass top and only small space in the back.
I had a blue hippo in there for 8 yrs and in summer had the front glass off for heat and it jumped out. Ive had clowns jump angels jump and everything in between lol and I don't even have open tanks as my lights sit on top. Alot of them I had for years before they jumped.

I'd say every fish can jump but some do more than others like twitterbait said.

kass

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
I had an open top tank with tangs chromis clowns lawnmower blennies, dragonets, grammas, assessors, for a year and NO jumpers.

then I had a COVERED TANK and had like three or four different fish jump out. So my point is, its just a gamble.

I went to home depot and got the eggcrate and cut it to fit the tank, that way it lets heat out and keeps most jumping attempts thwarted but still lets light in. no, it wont overheat. but with a small fish or opening, theres always a chance of jumping. the fish have amazing aim to project themselves with fighterpilot accuracy through a hole no bigger than their body. its disgusting.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
My 220g has been up for 2 months now and I have already had 2 jumpers. Luckily I have the calfo style overflow, and a CLS made of 2 inch pipe that covers the whole backside of the tank, so they have nowhere to go but the overflow. My 6 line is living back there right now. (cant figure out how to get him out!)

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
fat, can you stick a large siphon hose down there and siphon him out? just a thought.

thats so annoying isnt it?? I used to have to fish out my firefish constantly out of the overflow. I just used a net and swiped till I got him.

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
every maroon clown i have ever owned has been a jumper. saved one but have lost two.if this was baseball batting .333 would be great, but in fish keeping ...not so good.

AG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts