The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

This question is directed towards those who have in the wall tanks with a work room behind the tanks...

I'm starting to plan out my fish room and need to spec out the size of the room to build..

The basement is in an L shape and I'm planning on building a display wall with the work room behind it.

Would a room that's 12x14 1/2 be a good size to work with, or will I end up running out of space? The width of the display wall will be 14 1/2 feet and with the depth of the tank, I'm assuming that would take up at least 3 feet of the inside space of the work room...

Any tips, or advice on placement of equipment that you've learned from experience would be very helpful...

·
Administrator
47,621 Posts
Buzz look in big tank archives for behind the scenes shots and info :)

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, call me what ya want, but I can't find the big tanks archive... The only archive starting with a b is Breeders Archive...

·
Registered
680 Posts
Depending on the size of your tank or tanks in a basement you might want to add one of THESE to remove the humidty without removing the heat (in winter) I currently have four freshwater tanks & my saltwater tank in the basement and I have a lot of problems with high humidy! It even warped some of the paneling which I hade to replace with 1/4" thick paneling!

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Buzz, the best advice I can give, is that you build that here for me and then I will give you rights to come visit and check out your work. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts