The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if anyone has had a Sohal Tang or Golden Butterflys and what they think about them. I am starting up a 210 and I would just like to know your thoughts on them. Thank you:help:

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
Not sure about the butterfly, but the sohal is an amazing fish. They're relatively hardy, but they will get large and will become the most dominant fish in the tank. It'd probably do well in a 210, but take care when selecting other fish.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I find that most butterflies are delicate and do better in a mature tank. They love to nip at things and for the most part(except the pyramid butterfly) aren't reef safe.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
if you dont get a sohol you can get a clown tang their basicly the same but are still a little bossy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for all your input. I already planned on the Sohal being the last fish in the tank because of thier aggression. Personally I would rather have and Achilles Tang but my husband got is heart set on a Sohal. I'm still trying to find out more about the Golden Butterflys. Its going to be a fish only tank so I'm not concerned about them being reef safe, I'm just kind of wondering how difficult they are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts