The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Ok so I breakdown and buy 2 red tail fairy wrasses, I figure I could put one on either side of the tak and they would be cool with each other. Well I drop the about 16 feet apart and it takes a whole 30 seconds for them to find each other.:rolleyes: Anyway they have been glued to each other and have been doing a slow kinda rubbing of the bodys. I have not seen any aggression at all. So whatcha think???

2 I have a school of anthias. about 8. two of them are inseperable. They do loops around each other all them time. For the last week or so they have been locking thier mouths and kinda spiraling down to the bottom of the tank, then they go under one of the overhangs and kinda just hang out again. So whatcha think???

MIke

·
Administrator
47,617 Posts
Mike, you are going to have to ban Devon and Brandi fron the tank room. You KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING
we try to raise em right and what do we get :(

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
I was almost afraid to open this thread..... :D

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
The spiraling down definitely sounds like mating behavior...well, and all that rubbing, too ;)

The locked jaws I'm not so sure about.

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Locking lips is common breeding practice with freshwater cichlids....

definately sounds like ytou will be having some fry swimming around soon.....

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Is this a XXX rating thread? Sounds like love is in the air!!:D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
pick up a few barry white cd's to speed up the process

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep I think so to. I caught the small one of the anthias in a real small cave just kinda hanging out:eek: . Filthy ..dirty fish. I went down to the lake and got one of the kids paddles from the shed. Well after a couple of wack on top of the water I dont think they will be doig that kind of behavior in my tank anymore.:D :rolleyes:

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts