The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of breaking down my peacock filled 75, and was wondering what people would reccommend doing to convert this into a fish only tank. I'd like to keep 2, maybe 3 fish in it. What type of filter would you reccommend? Can I use the Grotto rock and Aragonite sand I'm currently using? It will be washed and dried throughly. I was going to use the 2 twin tube lights I currently have, as there will be no corals in the tank. How much live rock would you reccommend? I'm hoping to do this for a minimal amount of $, so maybe I'm draming of the impossible. Thanks, Mike:beer:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Aquaclear 500s with floss and the spongeblok (that comes with) make excellent mechanical/bio filtration for fish only.
Also very easy to maintain

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tank currently has some peacocks, I have 2 Penguin 330 biowheel filters, some people tell me to use them, others say stay away....I'm planning on building a wet dry, and adding a skimmer, but with school, baby on the way, and working part time, it's hard to sneak money to spend on this. Guess I'll probably have to wait until I'm out of school....then I can go bigger for a FO tank...hehe...we'll see. Thanks for the replies, Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.