The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The camaro loving reefer
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have about 70 lbs of crushed coral from an established tank of 15 years, kept every thing in water when i moved it, so it is all still live. i had about 50 pieces of dead corals from the gulf of mexico. i know they are totally protected, but they were all dead. i cycled with 4 damsels. i know thats mean but the 70 lbs of crushed coral made the cycle not as harsh for the fish. i did not lose one fish. the tank is 55 gallons i have no sump or skimmer. how ever i do plan on these investments before i add and real fish. there is about 2500 GPH of flow from 8 power heads tied in to an under gravel system. i have 2X 50 gallon cannister filters. and a 200 gallon ext filter. and a large ext filter with many bio balls in it. my lighting is a 48" power glo, a marine glo and an aqua glo. on a 12 hr timer. lately i have noticed copepods on the glass. in a fish olny tank with no live corals or invertebrates are copepods harmful? and what are some important things i need to invest in before i add some nice fish? do i need a sump. i have a 20 gallon that is drilled how ever the 55 gallon is not, should i invest in a sump, with fish olny?

·
The camaro loving reefer
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
picture of the tank.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts