The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I had this HORRIBLE dream a couple nights ago about my saltwater tank and I just HAD to ask if anybody else dreams about their tanks and if so are they good or bad?

In my dream (my tank is located in my bedroom) I have 2 doors in my bedroom. in real life i only have one. for some reason my parents needed to use the second door to fit some heavy equipment to get it outside. unfortunantly, myfishtank was in the way and w/out consulting me they started to break it down and taking all the fish out and putting them in BAGS and leaving them there.:eek: I woke up(in my dream) to find my tank EMPTY with no water, LR, fish or anything. somehow i tracked them down and asked where they were and for some reason they were spread out. too many different weird places to mention. In particular I remember my two clownfish I found there were in like 2-3 inches of water in a very sall bag dying, they were sideways and gulping for air, and there was a piece of LR in there for some reason.:mad: I was SO upset even in my dream. In the end everything died, my corals, fish, my LR wasn't even live anymore. I kept waking up thinking it was real life (when really I was still dreaming)and i would see my tank back to normal and I was like YAY it was a dream. then i'd wake up again (in my dream) and it was back to the nightmare.!! this happened many times and the whole time my parents acted like they didn't do anything wrong and it was no big deal....
Anyway it was HORRIBLE and when i finally did wake up for REAL I was VERY happy that my tank was ok:D :blob:

·
Registered
563 Posts
oh i have dreams bout my fish tank all the time... my latest one was i was at this tribe located on a sea and i wasa snorkeling and i stole corals and a clam for my fish tank... its funny...

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
I had one a few years ago that I came home from the clinic and Cath was feeding the tank Tabouli. The fish got big in front of my eyes, then Cath netted the tangs and some shrimp and she made a shrimp cocktail and a Loup en Croûte out of the tangs and she was asking me to make a hollandaise sauce to accent the fish as well as how to make a cocktail sauce for the shrimp... that's when I woke up. I think I dreamed it because I had made a verbal pun about using Tofurkey for BBQ and Alice had told me some of her new tenants from Fiji had made tangs for dinner... ...and knowing Cath is a vegan... :squint:

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
lol nice dream Tom :)

I have the nasty reoccurring dream that my tanks has cracked and leaked all over the floor. I then get up and run downstairs to check. So far so good.

Cutie that sounds like an awful feeling, I hate the dreams where I wake up in the dream and I am still dreaming...

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
I had a dream that my clown was trying to host my cheek.

Funny thing is that I know it was a dream, but I now feel some sort of connection to that fish.
Awesome!! LOL

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had one a few years ago that I came home from the clinic and Cath was feeding the tank Tabouli. The fish got big in front of my eyes, then Cath netted the tangs and some shrimp and she made a shrimp cocktail and a Loup en Croûte out of the tangs and she was asking me to make a hollandaise sauce to accent the fish as well as how to make a cocktail sauce for the shrimp... that's when I woke up. I think I dreamed it because I had made a verbal pun about using Tofurkey for BBQ and Alice had told me some of her new tenants from Fiji had made tangs for dinner... ...and knowing Cath is a vegan... :squint:
that is hilarious! I don't know if that kind of shrimp would be good. When i got my skunk shrimp the first thing my dad asked was "can we eat it?" :confused:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a dream that my clown was trying to host my cheek.

Funny thing is that I know it was a dream, but I now feel some sort of connection to that fish.
interesting. maybe the fish telepathically gave you the dream that night so you would like it more than the others.....i don't know it's a stretch ha ha:nuts:

·
Registered
563 Posts
dude my latest dream was that i was a yellow tang swimming at my LFS! it was weird

·
Registered
54 Posts
I dream about my tank a lot and it's not even set up yet. (I day-dream about it constantly, too.) The other night I dreamt my cat had thrown up into the tank. Sorry, I know how gross that is, but I actually had it happen to my 55 gallon FW planted tank a few years ago! So I guess I am still afraid it could happen again...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts