The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My stand for my 75 is almost complete, I have the MH lighting I purchased from Joe hung from the ceiling. I have the overflow kit from glass-holes.com (still have to drill) I also just got the parts for doing the flyguy rocklift.

So my question is once I drill the tank, put together my rocklift, and get my stand is anyone game for helping me move my critters and coral out of my 45 to the 75? I am sure that I could do it but being fairly new to the hobby I am paranoid :) I would gladly furnish beer (liquor) and pizza for the help :beer:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I could help from March 24-April 1...My wife & kids will be out of town so I am free of major obligations. The next two weekends (this one and easter) are out for me.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
I should be able to help as well.. This weekend is out but, most others would be in... Make this a mini monthly meeting? lol

Just name when you want to do it and I'll keep the calendar free.

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys rule!! I will try to nail down a date for you!

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Should be a good time... If the rest of your are like myself setting the tank up was actually kind of my favorite part (although now just being able to sit back and enjoy it is very quickly matching the setup) lol. The only problem is that there is always "something else to add" it's not a hobby that you ever "have it all" in lol.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
wow 4 times in a year that takes some work. I hope I don't have to move mine for a few more years.... Well atleast not until the next upgrade.

·
Reef Junkie
532 Posts
The joys of reefing in apartment living. The last was an upgrade, took a whole day but everything really payed off!

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well guys I am thinking the 29th of March. I just need to stain my stand with some type of clear polyurethane (recommendations?) I drilled the tank last weekend, now I am in the process of drilling the overflow box this is actually harder than drilling the glass imo, the **** drill bit keeps jumping around even using the 45 degree angle method.

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Funny I just logged on to PM you Matt. Saturday is still a go. I am taking my kids out to my moms around 8:00 Saturday AM and then should be back by 10:30-11. Does noon work for you? Or is that too early?

Do you by any chance have some big tubs? I have 3-4 but I am not sure if that is enough. Also would you have an extra heater or two I could use? Forgive my questions but I have never done a move like this before and I am pretty nervous.

I am thinking Fish in one, tub coral in another tub, and live rock in another with powerheads and heaters in all three.

Any tips for me? What am I missing?

What type of beer/liquor would you like me to provide? We can order pizza or subs or whatever you would like once you get to my place :)

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh I also have a 35 gallon trash can with saltwater that has been mixing for the last week.

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I have tubs & another trashcan, and a heater I'll bring. Do you have sand/livesand, or are you trying barebottom?

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a good amount of Tahitian moon sand I am going to add. I am going to use fly guys acrylic rod method to lift the rock up off the sand. I will have to try to get to a grinder and drill press before this weekend. So much to do yet before Saturday. I still have to get the correct plumbing stuff to run from the overflow down to my sump.

What's your poison sir?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I have a grinder (bench grinder, with a stone/grinding wheel and a wire brush wheel) if that's what you're looking for.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts