The Reef Tank banner
1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  goodfortune 
#1 ·
So I posted a thread a few weeks ago about my fish list, but I wasn't sure about the size of the tank I was getting, but I have it now and it's a 55g... so let me know how this list looks...

(1) tiger pistol shrimp
(2) kauderns cardinal
(1) yellow watchman goby
(2) black and white oscellaris

#14 ·
I've gotta recommend knocking the cardinal off the list. I have a couple of pajama cardinals, and they are the most boring fish in the tank. They are the only ones in the tank that just sit still all day long. My husband and I joke that they are the models of the fish world - they just stand there looking pretty all day ;)

#16 ·
LilB0506:

For color, I'd suggest an Orchid Dottyback (Fridmani Psudeochromis); they are not as aggressive as other Dottybacks, and have amazing color. They are shy at first, but in a few weeks, they will come out from behind the rocks and show themselves off :D

I really like Banggaii Cardinals (Pterapogon kauderni), and would recommend them to anyone starting in the hobby. They are very hardy, and it is easy to get captive raised specimens. However, the one drawback they have is that they don't eat dry foods. They will only eat live or frozen foods, so you can't use an auto-feeder to feed them.

Good luck!!!

- Michael

LilB0506 said:
ok so im thinking about knocking the cardinal off the list because that would mean all my fish but the goby would be balck and white, and i need some color... any suggestoins?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.