The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have eggcrate and watched my red firefish jump out right in front of me(although i may have spooked him with my magnet cleaner a little:rolleyes: , i caught him and threw him right back in)
i also came home once and my pep. shrimp was dried up on the floor. i still use the eggcrate though because those are the only 2 things that could really fit through the holes.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to Lowe and bought the egg crate. $10.00 for a panel, don't tell me if that was a good deal or not. :nuts:

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Twitterbait said:
you can also get a sheet of acrylic and cut slits in it instead.
This is what the hubby wants to do on the 90 he thinks it will look better than egg crate. Will this still allow enough airflow? His reasoning is it's heavier and he is worried that once the eel is full grown he may be able to lift the egg crate. What do you think?

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
Wiskey said:
I have heard of fish making it through eggcrate, but the chances of a fish getting out are quite a bit less then if the top was compleatly open.

HTH,
Whiskey
I agree with this!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I got a roll of half inch plastic mesh, cut two sheets and have it acrossed the top of the tank, with the grids overlapping so the holes are more like a quarter...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts