The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just fiddling with my auto top off system today when I heard a slap and then a small thump on the floor. When I looked I saw my angel fish laying on the floor. I scooped him up and put him back in. He appears to be ok, maybe a little shaken up, but is swimming around in his cave. Anyway, has anyone had this happen and if so any idea why? I bought a ground probe in case its somehow stay voltage. I seriously doubt its bullying because he's A, the biggest fish in there and actually is a bit of a bully himself, and B, he has peaceful tank mates (firefish, two ocellaris clowns, royal Gramma and one small chromis). Checked water quality yesterday after water change and everything was good. Salinity is 1.023, no nitrates detectable by my API kit, ammonia nitrite 0, kh 8 to 9, phosphates 0 and calcium 380 ish. I see no reason for this behavior, unless I somehow missed that angel fish jump? Anyway, any thoughts? Fashioning a makeshift top until I can build a good hood. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
It could have just gotten startled. I've had fish jump on multiple occasions. No voltage issues with mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts