The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
...Welcome To My Blog...

I have been looking at everybodys tanks for so long now and asking lots of question. It's long over due for me to share my tank with you all, feel free to PM me about it or anything else.
Here are some old pictures of my tank. They were taken after I was away for christmas, and the halemedia was out of control. I have since ripped most of it out.
My set up is a 37 gal tru vu 36" Coralife Double Pc with 1 Led add on.
CPR Backpack w/ maxijet 1200.
Rena XP3 canister w/ only crushed coral and poly filters.

Attachments

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
here are some more recent shots...

I am still trying to perfect the whole tank shot, I want to try to merge them in photo stitch but then its too wide to up load like this.

Any how as you can see my Flame Angel thinks its a Clownfish, other than the fish shown I have a Green Mandrin, and High Fin Banded goby w/ a Pistol shrimp.

Attachments

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well lots of stuff has been going on here...

A clone of my BTA started wandering, got sucked into the the skimmer part way, dissapeared for 2 weeks, only to reapear again.
I 86-ed him to LFS.
My torch lost a head due to a cleaning accident, I think.:idea:

To top it all off my female clownfish got clownfish disease.
I think she is ok now after 3 formilin baths i plan to put her back into the display, since she isn't eating in QT.

I have been meaning to work on my nano build, but have been pre-occupied with school.
(if you didnt know I am in school for Marine Biology)

I am also planing to use the 20 L as a sump anyway, as soon as i get the QT out of the stand. Hopefully the Tru vu overflow and PS100 skimmer will be quieter then the CPR Backpac.
I was thinking of an Ehime pump as the return for quiet, low temp, and reliability.
I will post some pics as i start the build.

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They didn't wast much time!!!

I was still a bit scared by the scab, but since the last post she has complely healed up, and this afternoon i found some eggs!!!
I even made a dust storm yesterday moving rock and turkey basting, guess they are used to it.

Well maybe it is time for me to get my act together and order some rotifers and try to raise em up again.

Attachments

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Things look a bit less crouded now, I took out a few pounds of LR and most of the macro. Hopefully the mandarin still will have enough to eat.

Attachments

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are "my" other tanks...

Well they are not exactly mine, they bellong to the University of Oregon, but I am in charge of maintaining them for the Neuroscience Dept.

There are 2 120's each w/ a 10 gal pre-sump superskimmer 220, 40 gal trickle filter w/ rotating spray bar, and a little giant external return.

I am planing on doing some research on learned behavior with these cuttlefish, Sepia officionallis.

Attachments

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here they go again!

Just wanted to post these pics for the record.

Attachments

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1)Orange ricordia, the lights not doing it justice
2)Green star polyps I propagated
3)Torch doing better since feeding cyclopeze
4)Green/red ricordia
5)BTA
6)my nano build, yet another shameles plug

Attachments

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A Memorable Event

Originally Posted by know-it-all
this thread would be much better with pics

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">Originally Posted by Wiskey
Pics!

Congrats on 1,000!

And as always,.. Good work Al Gore, your invention made this all possible.

Whiskey

</td></tr></tbody></table>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Well here is a dramatic renactment of me achieving my 1000th post for you pic mongers<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
<fieldset class="fieldset"><legend>Attached Thumbnails</legend><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail -->
</fieldset> <!-- / message --><!-- sig --> __________________

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Splitting up is hard to do

I have been waiting for months for it to split...
<!-- / message --> <!-- attachments --> <fieldset class="fieldset"><legend>Attached Thumbnails</legend> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail -->

<!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --> <!-- END TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentthumbnail -->
</fieldset>

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
newest aquisitions

Here is some new stuff:
a RBTA. this is somthing I have been needing for so long now, and I git it for 35 bucks.:banana:
(its just a baby, I fraged it off a piece of LR that had 6 of them witha crowbar and hammer)
Here is my first SPS!!! traded for clove polyps frag.

And here is a shot of my orange ricordia looking good near the top of the tank

Attachments

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well just an update I am getting a ha and brown cyano problem. I think it is related to my new t5's, having no macro, an old sb, and not taking care of my canister filter. The spongesd were so dirty :( I cleaned it out completely and changed the water in it and did a red slime algae control treatment and it looks allot better. I will add some new pics asap.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts