The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a tank which has been running for 2 years but I don't know if i could get another fish in there. The tank contains: Purple Tang, 1 Clownfish, 2 cardinals and a goby. Does anyone recommend a fish that is the same size as the tang? I would love to get another tang if that is possible. Also this is a reef tank and I don't want any fish they would eat the coral.

Thanks. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a hippo with a yellow in a 125 for a little over a year. I added the hippo almost 6 months before the yellow. My tank is barely over 2 years as well, with a full mixed reef. They both get along fine as long as they r both kept full with several small feeding a day. I notice when they get only one big meal (which happens sometimes) or are just plain hungry cuz I couldn't feed them that morning and they had to wait for food, they do get a little pesky with each other but they never get serious. They hang out together for the most part and are peaceful. Hope this helps.

-Erik-

·
Registered
157 Posts
And I think your low stock list will allow for another fish. A tang might be a bit of a stretch, but I think if it's not like a hippo or anything huge u can manage.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a hippo with a yellow in a 125 for a little over a year. I added the hippo almost 6 months before the yellow. My tank is barely over 2 years as well, with a full mixed reef. They both get along fine as long as they r both kept full with several small feeding a day. I notice when they get only one big meal (which happens sometimes) or are just plain hungry cuz I couldn't feed them that morning and they had to wait for food, they do get a little pesky with each other but they never get serious. They hang out together for the most part and are peaceful. Hope this helps.

-Erik-
Thanks Erik, is the hippo tang the regal tang as I heard that they can get white spot and that would be a pain so is there another tang? Like a mimic tang?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ya it is the regal. Mine had ich (white spot) when I first had him. I just kept water quality up and fed several small meals, which I think is a big factor, and within a few weeks he got over it and it only came back when I added the other tang from stress, but only one or two spots for a day or two. In the almost two years of keeping him these are the only instances. You have not overstocked so I think this would be possible, except regal tangs get huge. Maybe another type that doesn't grow so big. What color are you really trying to go for, or are you just wanting a tang of any sort?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts