The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me thank everyone for the warm welcome to this forum. I've been learning a lot from everyone's posts.

The problem that I have is as follows. I introduced fish into my aquarium exactly 1 week ago. I have:

2 X domino damsels
1 X yellow tail damsel
1 X striped damsel

I have noticed that the yellow fin damsel is losing pigment on it's head. It's almost like that colored pigment cells are moving apart and the stuff between them is white. I'm pretty sure it's not ich as he is eating relatively well, and not scratching on any surfaces. Also the discoloration is limited to the head area, it cuts off where the dorsal fin begins. Although he was pretty stressed out when I first got him, he seems to have adjusted quite well. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. I know it's kind of a vague description but my digital camera crapped out and I can't post a pic. I would appreciate any input.

thanks

·
ICH is work of the DEVIL
324 Posts
I have a 3Stripe damsel.... when the water chemistry changes after a water change its face will turn pale. the black stripe across his face will turn grey.

first time he did this, I thought he was croaking....but he didnt

I think damsel jsut do this while they are adjusting to water chemistry... I would defintely test your water for anything out-of-range

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx a lot guys. I appreciate the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts