The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help picking out fish for my new tank. I posted this question in my build thread but i think everyone is bored with my double build thread by now and not reading it ....lol

Anyways, i decided NOT to make my 225 lps/softy tank a predator tank like i originally planned with a rhino. I sealed the deal yesterday morning by putting my 2 1/2" clown, my 4" lawnmower and my 3 inch sixline in the 225. They are in their new home permanently. The sixline and the LMB were originally going to be the only inhabitants in my 90.

SO............... now that the 225 is over stocked with almost ten inches of fish.......what should i put in the bb sps 90?????

Im seriously thinking simply another six line and a bright orange mandarin..........the mandarin would of course be added down the road when it was appropriate to add him.

Any other cool suggestions???? I prefer fish i dont have to feed, or feed very little........ I do know that there will not be more than 2 fish and i would even be open to one, for the right fish........

funny, i just followed a link by the platypus to a cool looking filefish and the first thing i read was that it likes to munch on acros:funny: ....next

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Fly Guy said:
SO............... now that the 225 is over stocked with almost ten inches of fish
Wow if you think that your 225 is over stocked what must you think of my tanks? I have almost 100 inches of fish....

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
three90s&125sump said:
Wow if you think that your 225 is over stocked what must you think of my tanks? I have almost 100 inches of fish....
i was being facetious.....but just the same...thats all thats going in there :agree: :)

No fish suggestions for me Jason????

The odder looking the better, i wish there was a smaller omnivorous Rhino........:funny:

I LIKE that little blue assessor John........

Looking for a pic still of a lime green wrasse....i LOVE my six line

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found him......hes AWESOME!

Good call robert..

keep em coming guys........

Limeys got my attention the most so far;)

of course, that dark blue assessor would go great in a sps with a white starboard tank.......

Attachments

·
The Bitter Mod
7,059 Posts
Fly Guy said:
i was being facetious.....but just the same...thats all thats going in there :agree: :)

No fish suggestions for me Jason????

The odder looking the better, i wish there was a smaller omnivorous Rhino........:funny:

I LIKE that little blue assessor John........

Looking for a pic still of a lime green wrasse....i LOVE my six line
Look for a SeaGrass Wrasse. Cool grean color and apparently it eats pest nudibranch as a bonus.

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
No Problem Bill! I like my little Chrysis wrasse too but Caseys liked SPS polyps as a snack so I wouldnt recommend one

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Those Assesor fish are nice looking but this statement makes me nervous:

"This rare Australian fish is also known as Macneill's Basslet. Not often around, be sure to grab one fast when available!"

to me this means it is either expensive or very dificult to keep in a fish tank. Good lock with the search.

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Geoff said:
if you were planning on putting clams in the tank than i would suggest a yellow coris wrasse. they like to eat pyramid snails.

G~
There WILL be clams in there, i have 5 at the moment and desperately NEED a squammie after a few ive seen recently..........

I do like functional, but hes not the coolest looking IMO....

:idea: :idea: But I COULD paint him like in that thread the other day!!!!!

He WOULD look kind of cool with a tattoo of a rainbow trout on his side

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Geoff said:
if you were planning on putting clams in the tank than i would suggest a yellow coris wrasse. they like to eat pyramid snails.

G~
is that the only thing these fish eat or do they accept other foods? I am thinking about getting one.

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still looking for suggestions of cool fish...

As well, i have had my reasoning questioned as far as the tiny amount of fish i have intended for the tank.........might be heatlthier for my stonies to put some more poo in the water.........
The tank is going to be pretty sterile otherwise......

It was even suggested to me by someone who knows much more about stonies than myself to throw like 6 fish in there.......... hmmmmmmmmm

Thoughts on that and fish suggestions still wanted..........
:)

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
I suggest you stuff as many fish in your tank as aggression will allow.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts