The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have a larger tank and i am going to have a lot of rock would it be possible to have a shrimp and a Trigger? The reason is because I really like the fire red shrimp, they are so blood ed looking, I figure w/ a lot of rocks for hiding and a big tank maybe it would be possible, or am I just talking crazy?

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Our triggers will eat anything they can get their teeth into, including our fingers.

They've even killed the very huge strawberry crabs I tried.

The really super large spiny starfish is still fine after 5 months, however, and he hasn't lost any body parts.

Can't keep snails alive except for a couple out of 15 that have managed to survive, and they are the size of a plum.

~ Shirley

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
My Huma and Peppermint shrimp get along just fine... I make sure the Huma is fed well so he sdoesn't have th urge to snack...

It may now stay this way, but it's worked so far... The peppermint was in the tank first and the Huma was added afterwards... Since your trigger already has his territory and is intimate with his surroungdings, I'd think the shrimp would seem to him as a food offering...

Fire shrimp are pretty expensive... if you think it may be possible, test him out with a peppermint which is MUCH less expensive...

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Buzz_Hog said:
My Huma and Peppermint shrimp get along just fine... I make sure the Huma is fed well so he sdoesn't have th urge to snack...
That's amazing! So, evidently it's possible. I believe our Huma (Picasso) could be stuffed to the literal gills with minnows, and he'd still go after a shrimp. :(

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
This is the same Huma that lets me pet him... and when I stop, he growls at me... Well, you know that whirring sound they make when they get pissed off... He does that...

Somehow I always end up with crazy pets...

·
Administrator
49,218 Posts
" Fire shrimp are pretty expensive... if you think it may be possible, test him out with a peppermint which is MUCH less expensive.."
A hell spawn polyp eating camel shrimp would prolly outlive a cockroach at ground zero, but a $30 fire shrimp prolly wouldn,t touch the sand, alive :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.