The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to say i went to ocean devotion for the first time yesterday, and it is really nice, worth the trip.....got a flame hawk fish and it ate in the first hour i put him in:banana: :dance:

really nice store!

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
:agree: As far as LFS's go...OD is the only place to go if you plan on buying.
I was by last week and ill be back....Nice Cichlids too:agree:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is a pic of him...not a very good one i will get get better ones later

click to make bigger

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thats a great fish you got! Enjoy it. I bought a longnose hawkfish from them and its doing wonderfully! Very healthy fish there for the most part.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ocean Devotion

Is it open now? I like ASI in Willmar MN Very CLEAN AQUARIUMS(algae present but it is good algae, I LOVE ALGEA). Premier Pets in Rogers and Ramsey is not bad either if you talk to the owner he will barter and buy fish that you have breed.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I say it was worth a trip from Eau Claire also. Thanks Mary!

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
well maybe you ran into some Minnesota Twins after game rush hour? Well hopefully you can get over there again. Where do you live?

Bubbashrimp said:
did not make it. whats up with the traffic in minnesota, on a sunday night none the less

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
Yeah I am thinking of getting a flame hawk or longnose-- more likely heading to a longnose, just hestitant with my cleaner in my tank along with my emerald.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well I made it to ocean devotion last weekend. HUGE selection of dry goods. WELL kept aquariums. however I was disappointed for some reason, maybe it was all the hype. Or perhaps it was that each aquarium had an assortment instead of just a certain type of fish/invert to which i am use to. I know it is called OCEAN devotion, but there where freshwater fish there and it seemed like there was no selection. I really liked the frag area though...it is somthing you do not see in a lot of fish stores. I did not like the fact that it seems to be two connected stores with the other half being devoted to styles of aquariums, and only about five aquariums are there and the store ends. I finally liked the wa they acclimated thier animals using the proper drip technique with there anemones and manderin fish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts