The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am in the process of building an 8ft reef tank, just wondering if anyone has some useful do's and dont's in setting up a tank 900ltr in volume?

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Welcome to TRT!!! We'll need pictures!!!!!;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thankyou for all the welcomes, I have already purchased a reef octopus nw200 skimmer aswell as a oceanrunner 3500, i have a 5ft sump with a refugium, skimmer sits in sump. I have on order 3 lobay metal halide lamps with 2 4ft twin t5 lights and 2 aqua medic moon lights, a 25 watt uv sterilizer, and 3 tunze 6080 powerheads.I am wondering if i should install a ro/di unit and calcium reactor, is it nessesary?

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
The ro/di unit is a neccessity :) The calcium reactor will depend on what types of corals you plan to keep I believe

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im wondering how hard it is to set up a ro/di unit, can i run it in a sump or does it have to be seperate? what type would i need for a 900ltr tank ? and whats a good brand?

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Im wondering how hard it is to set up a ro/di unit, can i run it in a sump or does it have to be seperate? what type would i need for a 900ltr tank ? and whats a good brand?

RO/DI units are seperate from the tank plumbing - I have mine near the sump pump in the basement to get rid of the waste water and a large starage container for the RO/DI water I use for mixing ASW and top offs

I'll let someone else recommend a brand

·
Pinch That Penny
2,240 Posts
go to photobucket.com and start an account. this seems to be the easist way to transfer pics to the site.

·
11,345 Posts
I have an account with photobucket but how do i go about transfering pics from one to the other
Underneath each of your pics on photobucket are three lines.

Copy and paste the last line(IMG tag) into a message. It will show up in threads as a full size pic

Photobucket just automated that....all you have to do is click on the third line and it is automatically copied......it will say so in little yellow words when you do...then paste in your post

1 - 20 of 74 Posts