The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nano has been cycling with live rock and sand-and some unwanted matis!-for 2 days. I checked my levles today because frankly, I wasn't sure when to do that. My pH was about 8.1; amonia 0; nitrite 0; nitrate inbetween 5-10. And yes, I did it right. My question is, are those normal results? When will the "spike" happen?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
depending on the quality of the live rock, you might not see spikes, they will happen, but if the rock can handle its own die off, the little bit might not register on your tests. its almost an instant cycle when you get good live rock, but that dont mean you should throw a bunch of stuff in there. just know that its still happening, and wait a little bit. i believe tom prefers the duct tape method.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. I tried to post pics, but apparently they were over the limit in kb. Sorry. I'm not sure how to fix it. Maybe if I set my camera on low quality they will work. I'll see if my husband can figure it out when he gets home.

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Sophie's mom said:
Ok. I tried to post pics, but apparently they were over the limit in kb. Sorry. I'm not sure how to fix it. Maybe if I set my camera on low quality they will work. I'll see if my husband can figure it out when he gets home.

Email me the pics at [email protected] and i will post them for you.

Tim

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Sophie's mom said:
if you want you can upload the pics to
http://www.bigpudd.com/upload

Then paste the link inside of the post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts