The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Export with Care!
6,805 Posts
Couple bits of info are off but those are minor details. But the message is great. Big respect for them posting that.

Says a lot when someone who in a way can profit from such impulses. It means a lot.

· Reef Junkie
564 Posts
Very cool. Nice to see. When I sold 4 of my tanks on craigslist not to long ago half the people who showed up had a kid wanting nemo. They had no clue about a tank. I took a little longer to find better owners. Just kind of crazy once I got to see it first hand.

· Registered
158 Posts
I was working in a petstore for a short stint when Nemo came out. I too had tonnes of parents coming in to buy a little tank, sometimes even just a gold fish bowl, and pointing to the clownfish saying they wanted one of those. The number of people who were shocked when I explained that those were salt water fish was amazing. They could not comprehend that they could not put a guppy and a nemo in the same tank etc. I always did my best to set them up for success with better tank options and instructions on how to start a fresh water aquarium and showed them things like platies to pass off as orange fish for the kids. But it was exhausting. I was big in to fresh water at the time, and didn't have the remotest clue about marine fish, but I knew that a goldfish bowl and a clown fish were a bad combo.
I think every time disney makes a movie about an animal they should produce a poster for all petstores explaining the needs of the real life dalmations, air buddies, dories, nemos, rios, rangos, etc ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.