The Reef Tank banner
721 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  TheReefer12 
#1 ·
After my last clownfish(rip) completely ignored by bta and lta, i bought a porcelain anenome crab to inhabit my lta. when the last clown got sucked into the canister filter(no longer in use) i went and bought a cinnamon clown. after a week and a half of ignoring the lta, it finally made its home there. (yay!) and i thought that if it did choose to reside in the lta, it would kick the crab out, but no, they are both living in it now. we'll see how long that lasts.

#6 ·
thanks everyone. i think the lta will be a lot happier now that it has a friend. the guy at the lfs told me that the clarkis host to sebea anems, percs to bta, cin to lta, etc. i was going to get a clarki though cause they had like 10 of them fighting over one sebea.

#7 ·
Cool. If it is anything like mine, it took him about a month to start fully hosting as it builds up the slime coat and resiliency to the anemone sting.

#8 ·
thanks everyone. i think the lta will be a lot happier now that it has a friend. the guy at the lfs told me that the clarkis host to sebea anems, percs to bta, cin to lta, etc. i was going to get a clarki though cause they had like 10 of them fighting over one sebea.
You would be amazed at what clowns will host with. I have 2 black percs hosting with a LTA, 2 True Percs hosting with a torch coral, and 2 False Percs hosting with a leather. I have found that when clowns are in a tank seeing other clowns host they will host with something. This is just from my experience, has anyone else seen this in their tanks?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.