The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont havce any corals or fish yet. Just my live rock cycling. I eventually will be putting down some crushed coral. Probably after my next water change when i can vacuum out all the rubble and die off from the bottom of the tank. It has been up and runnign for abotu a month, but just put in some more uncured rock last friday(45lbs). So start the cycle once again!! cant wait till its done. There is about ~90-100lbs of live rock and 45 lbs of hirocks. The rest of my specs can be seen by my link below. Also can read about canopy and lighting to come.

Attachments

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
ohh...now THAT's gonna be NICE!!

Thanks for the pics, and keep us posted!

(like that CLS, btw...looks clean and very nicely done.)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had been debating it for a while when i was designing the setup. I want to have this tank for a while and am afraid of the sand going "bad" and releasing bad chemicals into the water. Also I dont mind vacuuming the substrate when I do water changes. And i dont really like the look of bare bottom. I have read many articles and forum topics about sand vs CC vs BB. And have come to the conclusion no matter what I do there will be negatives. So i will be going CC for a while and I am moving out in less than a year so If I do not like it I can change it then to sand or BB. Any more suggestions?? I want to raise my Skimmer a bit so the top of the black box is out of the water a bit. What do people put under there skimmer to do this. right now I have a tupperwear container under it. Thanks,
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts