The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got my T5 Nova Extreme Pro :banana::banana: But now I've got a problem. Before I purchased it I made sure that the 20" light would fit my 24" tank. I think even a few people here chimmed in and said the legs were adjustable and that it would probebly fit. Well, it doesn't :(. At least not without some problems. One side of the fixture is screwed in, so there's no way I could extend the leg without unscrewing it and then leaving it that way. It just doesn't seem like it was meant to fit anything longer then a 20" tank. Does anyone have any recommendations? or maybe a phone number to Current so I can call and ask of they have longer legs or adapters. I'm so bummed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I have the non-pro version, if it is the same the small black set screws can be loosened/removed and the legs slide along a trak. I don know if in it's outer most position for the lesa it will give you the 4" you need to reach the sides of the tank. If not two acrylic braces fit from front to back of the tank would be the easy fix, hanging works too but it's a pain to push the light out of the way to wour on the tank, and if you hang it too high you loose PAR. Good Luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Butch, that looks great. Are those acrylic pieces that everyone is mentioning? Where would I get something like that?

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
I was trying to avoid hanging it, but it may be the most esthetically pleasing option. I'll have to climb up into the attic tomorrow to see if there are any beams in close proximity to where my tank sits. This is the piece current sells to hang it (even though it doesn't specify nova pro on the package)

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewI...dProduct~CU01093~idCategory~FILTACMOFTHK.html
That's the right kit,not the one Jared J showed(that's for coralife fixtures).
You don't have to hit the beams(it's better if wood beams) But if there aluminium or the beams aren't right there,you can use toggle bolts(they can handle 50# each).

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
I agree!That's would be easyier.I'd would need to make longer to rest on top rim,because I have eggcrate on mine.:dance:My Current T-5 HO fixture just came today!:banana:Those legs are flimsy!Wish they had hinge ones like Coralife.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts