The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Active Duty Flying Fish
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Friday Morning all!

Managed to head to bed around 8:30pm last night, in anticipation of my super early morning shift. My supervisor took pity on me and said because the little one wakes me up at 3:30/4am anyways, I can perminently keep the morning shift.

My husband is civilian, and a semi-Stay-at-home Dad, working Tues&Thurs from 4-8:15. It's a good week if he works Friday too, but we don't get to see each other but 2 hours a day :[

Anywho, hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and even better Weekend! What are your plans? I'll be volunteering in Uniform at the Shriner's Hospital in Sacramento. Plan on bringing my camera to document the smiles :)

· Premium Member
6,501 Posts
o_O Indie, I never knew how close you are to me. Glad to hear you were able to get some sleep and how your boss took pity on the hours to help adjust with you. The 2 hrs spending time with your hubby is rough, I remember those days and it was a battle.

Im off to watch some TV and remote TRTI from my phone. Have an early morning tomorrow and hope I can get a wink of sleep. Night all!

· Registered
4,321 Posts
Good morning Indie, Quik, George and all to come. Happy Friday!
Glad your boss took pity on you with the schedule Indie. Rough schedule with your hubby. I hope y'all can find a way to spend more time together.
Hope you got some good sleep Quik. TRTI and early mornings are a rough combo.
Thanks for the spread George. It's hard when an event like that runs late. I was so keyed up after the concert last month, I didn't get to sleep much that night either.
Off to the FD in the next county, so I need to get running. Y'all have a fantastic Friday and a great weekend!!!
Ray

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,966 Posts
Good Morning all!

T.G.I.F.!

Was long night last night, went to the Services for Jacobs friend last night. Was sad, he was just to young. On the way home we where going to eat and had a blow-out, Dumb me forgot to put the jack back in the Van.

I hope you all have a Great day!

· Premium Member
17,615 Posts
Good Morning, Indie, Quik, George, Ray, Vince, & Everybody! :)

More 77~80 temp for today with 50% chance of showers. Good thing I got the mowing in last night before the rains. The weeds were just about to get ahead of me. I had to raise the blade height to chop through them which means I'll have to mow again sooner. :(

Indie, I was wondering how you managed the boys with that kind of work schedule. Sounds like good teamwork but wish you had more time together.

Quik, one of these mornings I'm hoping to hear you've been to the doctor about sleeping/eating. We worry about you.

Thanks for the donuts, George.

Ray, juggling two jobs and switching counties is not easy. Either can be hectic. Been there with two jobs before and still juggling 4 counties.

Vince, that had to be a hard evening for all of you, especially Jacob. A flat with no jack just added to the stress. I hope you and your family can have a good weekend.

This might be one of Quik's vampire friends. Notice the pale complexion from avoiding sunlight and those beady eyes. White wild turkeys are rare but I've seen at least two of them in Cades Cove.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Everyone!

Dick:)

· Super Moderator
35,865 Posts
Good mawnin', Indie, Rachael, George, Ray, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and donuts, George. As usual, I've got nanners for everyone. Rachael- you get at least two.

Indie - What a schedule - Good that your boss is working with you on it! Looking forward to some photos of smiling faces.

Extra TLC for TRT friends who need it for mind, body, or spirit.

FWIW...last year I read a novel written from a dog's POV. One of the nice things about it was when the dog died, he/she came back as another dog to get/give loving all over again! That's a nice thought, I think. As Jeff so tenderly said yesterday, a dog (cat, fish, horse or whatever) life with a human is the best part of everyone's life. Did that come out right?

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

· Premium Member
17,615 Posts
Good Morning, Cath! :)

Per usual, we were posting about the same time. :doh:

FWIW...last year I read a novel written from a dog's POV. One of the nice things about it was when the dog died, he/she came back as another dog to get/give loving all over again! That's a nice thought, I think.
That book should earn the Pawlitzer Prize. :funny:

Dick:)

· Premium Member
12,360 Posts
Good morning TRT Faithful

Indi...I suppose the old expression "Distance makes the heart grow stronger" could be in play somewhet....when you and yours are together, you're much less likey to spat. ....Kudos for your work @ the Hospital!!

Quik...enjoy the TV time....I find it difficult juggling the remote, the I-phone & the laptop....I just get it balanced and the popcorn shows up.:dance:

Hey George.......I'm assuming the devils played well. Is Matin Brodoure still in net? I haven't kept up this year.
Thnx for the coffee & Dn's.

Ray..I can't keep track of how many different places you work. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Good morning Vinnie........oh yes, the ol' flat tire no jack story. Frustrating isn't it. And you'll put all those tools in the trunck, and you'll never have a flat again.

Dick....Now that's a rare sight indeed. I wonder if they're considered a minority in the flock? btw.you should bag up yur clippings and send them to Texas, where the Donkeys are in great need. Oh my!!!!

Hi Cath...yes you said it right!!

Enjoy Everyday!

· I've got the REEF rash!
64,175 Posts
Dave, they beat the lightings 6-4.And Marty is still awesome!(I think last night makes it 655 wins for him(Which is over 100 more than any other goalie).They need 1 point to clinch a spot for the playoffs!

· Super Moderator
24,486 Posts
FWIW...last year I read a novel written from a dog's POV. One of the nice things about it was when the dog died, he/she came back as another dog to get/give loving all over again! That's a nice thought, I think. As Jeff so tenderly said yesterday, a dog (cat, fish, horse or whatever) life with a human is the best part of everyone's life. Did that come out right?
Came out perfectly Cath :thumbup:
Think a search of "Rainbow Bridge" will bring up related items to read and take in, when dealing with pet friends that own you ;).

ALL the canine critters here during the last 17 yrs have been adoption/rescues (and there have been quite a handful of 'em :D) have hopefully a much better life here than they had b4 us. Some we knew of their prev situation being just a adoption w/ no bad things in their past, some not having a clue to anything known about them prior to us being owned by them,(name /age/nada) and the one positive thing we hold on to , is that when they cross that Rainbow Bridge, they were looking back and thanking us for the great love and care we've shared with them (Wow, nothing like a good upswell of tears to wash away the sleepy's outa one's eyes:rolleyes: )

Morning all :thumbup:

My saturday today, and just back from treating my belly to a fillup :yumyum:, to hopefully start my day off right.

Of course have a bunch of chores n such to do around here, just hoping to knock some of them out b4 my back knocks ME out :freak:

Tho it's a month+ away, starting to get vacation mode in my brain and all the relateds in getting ready for it :idea::ac15:.

Hope everyone has a great day! :wavey:

· Administrator
61,352 Posts
Morning everyone, still raining here :( Brady is getting bored stuck in the house I cant say I blame him.
Looks like everyone is gota full day winding down for the weekend.
Have a great day

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.