The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, everyone :)

Appalachian Blend (not flavored) coffee, cinnamon rolls, oranges, bananas, Asian pears, and a big glass of milk for breakfast.

Lots of love to everyone as your day gets going. Regi, I hope you're feeling better today. Anyone else in sickbay?

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Good Morning All!:wavey:

Off to find a new house!

·
Retired Wanderer
17,195 Posts
Morning everyone. Gotta get my car over to the trim shop (forgot the covers yesterday) then put in a grueling finish to a knarly week at work.

Cynthia works Saturday and Sunday so it will be hunnydo weekend ahead.

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
Morning :wavey:
another fine day in the salt mine around here
someone saw the "I'm almost caught up with work" sticker on my forehead and loaded me back up
I was really hoping for a Saturday off

good luck Eric and Amy

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,659 Posts
Good morning all!

They cut everyone's wages by 10% yesterday,.. I'm very thankful that I still have a job, but after getting 1-2% raises for the last 5 years, it's kinda depressing to loose 10% at one shot :( I'm trying to figure out what I can cut out so I can still make my bills.

Good luck Amy! My prayers are with you :)
Good luck Eric! Enjoy the hunt - hope you find something you like :)
I thought you always kicked yourself when you took a Saturday off KIA?

Whiskey

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,659 Posts
Morning everyone. Gotta get my car over to the trim shop (forgot the covers yesterday) then put in a grueling finish to a knarly week at work.

Cynthia works Saturday and Sunday so it will be hunnydo weekend ahead.
Sounds like that knarly week doesn't end with leaving work!

Whiskey

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
Good Morning Everyone!

busy night last night with phone calls and e-mails for work, I am leaving out today for training and to get my next assignment. right now it is for 6 weeks. I may not be back home for the next 6 weeks.

I just found out about this last night about 9pm. many of the people I worked with on the last project are also doing this one

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
Good morning all!

They cut everyone's wages by 10% yesterday,.. I'm very thankful that I still have a job, but after getting 1-2% raises for the last 5 years, it's kinda depressing to loose 10% at one shot :( I'm trying to figure out what I can cut out so I can still make my bills.

Good luck Amy! My prayers are with you :)
Good luck Eric! Enjoy the hunt - hope you find something you like :)
I thought you always kicked yourself when you took a Saturday off KIA?

Whiskey
ouch, 10% hurts

I can see that happening here if certain things change

Good point on the Saturday, but Dawn said something about playing a lot of scrabble if I had the day off

I think she was speaking in code about something

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
Good Morning Everyone!

busy night last night with phone calls and e-mails for work, I am leaving out today for training and to get my next assignment. right now it is for 6 weeks. I may not be back home for the next 6 weeks.

I just found out about this last night about 9pm. many of the people I worked with on the last project are also doing this one

funny how them things work out isn't it?

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,659 Posts
Good Morning Everyone!

Well! You did want to get out and get some work done right? Good luck with the job :) I'm glad you found some work to do :thumbup:

Too bad on being away for 6 weeks though,.. I bet your not thrilled about that.

Whiskey

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,659 Posts
ouch, 10% hurts

I can see that happening here if certain things change

Good point on the Saturday, but Dawn said something about playing a lot of scrabble if I had the day off

I think she was speaking in code about something
Yeah,.. It's a hefty chunk - I'm hoping I don't have to cut out things like my cell phone,.. but it's one of my few expendable expenses - that and the gym.

I'll make it by,.. I've lived on less before,.. but I'm not going to be thrilled about it.

Whiskey

·
Registered
154 Posts
:wavey: Morning All!

So much to seems to have happened in TRT world and its not even 10 am!

Eric - Have fun looking for a new house.
Amy - Hopefully Dr. CutsALot will say "oh PT seems to work, here's a slip to see Tim until forever." :D
Vinnie - Yea on the work!

My goal for today is clean the living room :( Damion wasn't too happy about the apples on the floor last night, but seriously if Jack wouldn't take a bite of a slice and drop it wherever I might actually be able to find them :doh:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oops, sorry, forgot about you Whiskey. Bummer on the pay cut. I'm sure you'll figure everything out.

·
Administrator
46,690 Posts
Wow Amy hope it gets better quick , Wiskey bummer on the pay cut, not good but I would have chosen that over being laid off, good luck with it

God luck with the house Hunt Eric

Oh good morning everyone :)

·
Retired Wanderer
17,195 Posts
Whiskey sorry about the pay cut. They only took away our 401K match here and increased the hours they want us to work.

I have to do hunnydos all weekend since my wife is working six days for each of the next three weeks. She is not really happy if I actually relax and drink beer. The good news though is that I can work like an ant and blow it all out in three hours a day.

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
I think I have to call the neuro dr today... the pain in my neck is back and I kinda need it to stop. Pray he will give me another script for time with the PT and not pull me in and want to discuss cutting again.
Something to keep in mind is the U.S. has the most aggressive doctors in the whole world. I'm not saying this is a good or a bad thing but they are more inclined to cut than anywhere else. If you look at hysterectomies, double mastectomies and cesarean sections in the U.S. versus europe the difference is staggering(1.5-2x if I remember right). So understand your doctor is more likley to be in favor of cutting than doctors in other parts of the western world. Hope you feel better;)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts