The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I tried Looking for my old thread but couldn't Find it!

Specs:

Custom 90 Gal. Clear Sealife Acriclic Tank. Had it made to fit.
I wish I could have gone bigger but couldn't.
It was such a tight fit we had to break some of the dry wall to get it in.
I wanted a Built in tank.

Custom Fiberglass Stand
Trropical Marine Center 30 Watt UV Sterlizer
BioFill 40 Gallon Sump
Sequential 220 Pump
Catalina Aquarium SUPER 1003 VORTEX PROTEIN SKIMMER
Catalina Aqurium Custom Built Light System with 2 39 watt 10k T5's 2 39 watt Atintic T5's and 1 250watt 15k HID
JBJ 1/4 HP Chiller

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Very cool. Is that pump outdoors? Spray some of that expanding foam insulation in a can around the opening to keep the cold/bugs out.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some more Pics. Next thing on the list is to stock it to the rim! Im goin to go with a mix of corals (LPS, SPS, More Softies and probably 4 or 5 Clams. I'm goin to go to a local live stock wholesaler near LAX Airport. I have about 90 LBS of LR and Need to add another 90 LBS of branch rock to set the support for the new frags. I want to add a couple Black Clowns and a Fire Angel just have to see what the have available. Some of the sps corals I'm going to pick up is Montiporas, Neon Blue Tips, Ultra Pink Prostratas. LPS I just want some finger leathers and what ever else looks good when i'm there. I just want it as full as possible and since it's wholesale it's so cheap whay not.

Here is a pick of what the tank looks like as of today.

And Here is a close up of my sump and the bio balls people are so against. FYI: 0 nitrates!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you, As far as the Bio Balls I don't want LR in there. I 've had Bio balls for years with no problems. Where people go wrong with Bio Balls is they have no sock catching the debris coming in from the over flow and it stcks to the bio balls if effect causing the nitrates to rise because the bio balls are dirty. Bio balls are to create benificial bactiria for your system. Just keep a good flow going through them and make sure you catch the big debris with a sock. There is pros and cons to them but I have had a healthy system with them so my pholosophy is if it ain't broke don't fix it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts