The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Retired Wanderer
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. Coffee is on, and I have a few hours left in my final 14 hour shift.

Due to some turmoil we are shorthanded so wearing a lot of hats tonight. Also, I had to calmly let a new maintenance dude know that going off on the folks on the floor is not permitted here. That riled up some people that called off, so I am wrenching tonight too. An OFR is not flustered easily, and guess who had a toolbag ready to go in his trunk?

Have a great Friday everyone!!!

Shark..but a friendly one
HiYa Perry and a big TRT good morning to All......HAPPY FRIDAY!

馃 14 hrs. and having to deal with whiners.....yeah, sounds like fun.....How's your paddling? I hear they're looking for a good surfing instructor in Maui with groovy benefits.......
1613730603210.png
......NO SNOW SHOVELING! 馃榿

Coffee can be refreshed at Hack's-Place, and breakfast will be coming down the road......but bet Cath will set the TRT Table before I.

Still talking 'winter moisture' for today, though ice was the major player yesterday......between the lines sounds like more of the same today. But God willing will be venturing out in a safe fashion today......Our bank account is just too plum heavy not to.:ROFLMAO:

Mommy, Daddy and new baby Sister are hoping to be coming home tomorrow, and life will begin tipping more back towards normalcy around here..,,.,,.,Me getting my Serta back among the most looked forward to things.

Hope the sun is rising on a big ole heap of grooviness for All,
Hack

Super Moderator
Good mawnin鈥, Perry, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, guys. Buttermilk Belgian waffles with VT maple syrup or PB & J, Cream of Wheat, naval oranges and nanners, all of which will go very well with coffee.

Honestly, Perry. What grade are some of those employees in? Shees.

Hack - Good to hear that you will soon have your bed back, though it was nice for you and Jen tp help out. BTW, how do you and Jen like your new recliners?
Have fun going out and about on a shopping adventure.

Doug - Bummer on having to go to a commercial tax preparer.
What kind of phone did you get?

Jeff - Yikes! Your day yesterday was anything BUT lackluster. What do you call taking care of the wild birds ( and squirrels ) and going to your doc, and taking King to the vet?

Oh I get it....you were talking about not being able to work on a project. I hate when maintenance gets in the way of doing something more fun/engaging.

Speaking of which, I hope to do chores this am, and projects this afternoon. That may not end up being true.;)

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

1613740822012.png Top of the morning Cath!
Thanks for setting the Table, and opted to go with some nice HOT Cream of Wheat to schlep on the Table as well.

We love our new chairs.....never had ones that swivel, rock AND recline. Do require some ingrained adjustments to get use to.......to use to swan diving into them....do it with these you will fly like a swan as well. 馃槻

CHORES/PROJECTS......馃......PROJECTS WIN!馃憤

Enjoy the beauty of the day Cath,
Hack

Super Moderator
View attachment 240960 Top of the morning Cath!
Thanks for setting the Table, and opted to go with some nice HOT Cream of Wheat to schlep on the Table as well.

We love our new chairs.....never had ones that swivel, rock AND recline. Do require some ingrained adjustments to get use to.......to use to swan diving into them....do it with these you will fly like a swan as well. 馃槻

CHORES/PROJECTS......馃......PROJECTS WIN!馃憤

Enjoy the beauty of the day Cath,
Hack
Thanks for the wavey!

Hahaha on the learning curve with your new chairs! Sounds like you have a new ride at home. 馃槀

Yup, that鈥檚 the way I feel about chores/projects.

Retired Wanderer
Discussion Starter #6
We bought new chairs six months ago Hack. They are called catnappers, and it is dangerous to sit in one. Add a cat on top, and might as well scratch a few hours of daylight.

Got everything fixed even with the maintenance guy calloff two nights now. I told my former boss to just let him go and we can hire me two production people instead.

Don't have to go in until Monday night. I'll just recline my catnapper just a little and watch the news for 15 minutes.

Reactions: cath

.......15, 14, 1.......3,.......uhhhhhh 12, 1.....snore, snore, sn....
Hack

Didn't get a picture of the surprise visit by the Red Tail Hawk the other day to our feeder, but did get some pics of a Wood Pecker visiting it today.
20210219_123716.jpg 20210219_122134.jpg 20210219_122104.jpg
Stella getting picked up shortly by the other set of Grandparents, then we'll go spread some cash.
Hack

Administrator
Late morning all, first day off so being a slug is normal.
Cath i got a Moto G Power, very nice phone. Wanted to stick with Samsung but to get one with this level of tech would cost $500 + Getting used to the buttons being opposite Samsung but this one has a big battery, USB C fast charging, more RAM and better processor the anything else I can use with my carrier for less than $300 ( ipaid $140 for this)
Nice big buttons on keyboard (fat fingers) really crisp bright display. JoJo who is my in house gadget guy was so impressed he may jump ship from Samsung next time. He is not happy the S21 eliminated the micro SD slot on new top of line Samsungs.
Got a tax appt at 4pm so hopefully that goes well, and I can start car search.
Jerry if you are in touch, best wishes from SoOr weathering out the storm, Be safe Bro
Hope the day treats you all kindly

Hope the honeymoon lasts for a good long run Doug with your new phone. I know the more 'they improve' stuff, the suckier it becomes. Power to the dinosaur riders!
1613774593264.png
("Now who in the blazes would have thought THAT was a thing?.....Me evidently since I did a search?")

Just got back from an abbreviated day out, and dinner/late lunch at Long Horn Steak House....ahhhhhh, the sight n sounds of a pair of Hack's chomping on 23oz. Porterhouses in unison! A real thing of beauty! 馃榿

Waiting for the call to take the young Lady home this evening.....Mommy n Daddy n little Sis are awaiting discharge. BUT the snow is coming down, and we're anxious all the way around....could get postponed. The little one doesn't know about this yet.

Peace,
Hack

OOOOoooooohhhhhhh, GIANT SIGH! Thought I lost THAT.
Hack

.......Fingers crossed it's a 'Friendly Spirit' instead.
Hack

Got the 'Family' together and they're all settled in with the appropriate ooooooows n ahhhhhhhhha going big time. Little Stella was sure surprised Mommy n Daddy home with her little Sister.....gotta love surprises.

Snow and ice coming down pretty righteously out there, so glad to be home safe, and feet up. Got the old XBOX, well, not actually OLD.....but guess when it comes to technology it probably is old. Gotta be 2-3 years old by now? ANY WAY.....time to add to our movie collection around here....tired of repeating the same ones way too often when I get slack time. The MIB 4-pack, Hobbs n Shaw, among the first round to get purchased. Which one/some will be in the offing this evening as well as butter dripping, salt spewing pop corn.

Cock the tootsies up Friends and relax,
Hack

Super Moderator
A hearty good evening, everyone!

Perry - Sounds like a god plan to let that non-working person go , and hire two who do work.
What is the brand name and model of those catnapped chairs?

Didn't get a picture of the surprise visit by the Red Tail Hawk the other day to our feeder, but did get some pics of a Wood Pecker visiting it today.
View attachment 240961 View attachment 240962 View attachment 240963
Stella getting picked up shortly by the other set of Grandparents, then we'll go spread some cash.
Hack
Great photos of the woodpecker, especially the photo of it looking at you.

Doug - Wooo hoooo on the phone you bought for such a great price!馃専馃専
Good luck at your tax prep appointment!

Hack - Enjoy getting back into your regular routine, complete with messy popcorn.

Grooviness to all, and to all a good night!

Administrator
Evening Gang, Back from Tax session, went better than i thought. could have been better but Oregon considers "Covid Checks" as income, but did ok, Hopefully about the time it clears IRS and direct deposit and IF they send out the new stimulous should have nice down payment on car. Let the games start ;)
loving the new phone, forgot to bring check book, need the numbers to set up direct deposit since we had to change prep and dont have access to saved info the previous tax folks had on file. No worries, I pulled up bank app and looked at pic of check I wrote DMV and got the routing #. I have acct # memorized, but now I will remember both of them.
Hack I have occasionally found some gems in the $5 bin at Walmart

Super Moderator
Evening all ,

Internist appt. went ok morning, did not get yelled at nicely for anything health related on my part, I'll take that as a win.
Speaking of wild bird husbandry, had a lil sparrow type impact in flight with the kitchen window,,, short story , after the evening inna box in the house, along with it getting out of said box ,involving flashlight searching and eventually finding it under a cabinet in the kitchen, based on its wing not looking like something rest or "walk it off" was gonna fix it, Blyth decided to take it back outside ( outside of the fence confines) just now, What odds it has is way better than jailbreaking the box again, and one of the dawgs finding it in the house,,, with it back in nature.
Checking into various ways to make large panes of glass invisible to birds,,,,,

Blyth did a grub store run this morning,, pantry beez filled. Grilled cheese and tomato soup was a wise choice for dinner,, worked nicely on internal body warming up...

Hope everyone had a great day!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts