The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my filtration to a wet/dry system. I'm researching and every filter claims to be "the best" or "perfect". I'm just wondering which to buy for a 55 gallon tank that wont cost me an arm and a leg (no more than $250). Tank is not drilled so i will buy the hang on pre-filter box along with it. Any suggestions? What do you use?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I want to upgrade my filtration to a wet/dry system. I'm researching and every filter claims to be "the best" or "perfect". I'm just wondering which to buy for a 55 gallon tank that wont cost me an arm and a leg (no more than $250). Tank is not drilled so i will buy the hang on pre-filter box along with it. Any suggestions? What do you use?
Thanks.
Hello, I use the Megaflow 1 for my 55 gal. I like it http://reefwarehouse.com/wetdry-filters-sumps-megaflow-sumps-glass-aquarium-c-69_752.html

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
iif your any good at DIY you could save yourself a lotttt of money only at the expense of time. Search for diy refugiums or sumps here on the forum and thers tons of info. thats my opinion and i will be making one myself here to upgrade from my wet/dry.

·
Registered
350 Posts
iif your any good at DIY you could save yourself a lotttt of money only at the expense of time. Search for diy refugiums or sumps here on the forum and thers tons of info. thats my opinion and i will be making one myself here to upgrade from my wet/dry.
Coulent agree more with this^^ DIY is the way to go with something like this if you feel comfortable with it, best thing to do would be to do a little research and start with some simple drawings of your design. I will be doing an upgrade from a wet/dry soon as well.

·
Doc Holiday
2,373 Posts
Yea I'd build my own out of another tank... Much cheaper.. Also if your willing to drill your tank you could do your own not the bottom if it's tempered. You could do a small glass box up top..that's my plan with the new tank up grade.. If you go to glass cages.com you can see the overflow I am talking about under Overflows it's the horazontal overflow.. I like it cause it saves space..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts