The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone use this product called fiji gold or know anything of it? i bought it but didnt use it yet, just wondering if i wasted my money :rolleyes:
heres the description...

Fiji Gold - Coral & Live Rock Supplement (Smith)

Fiji Gold Coral and Live Rock Supplement is 100% natural calcium derived from seawater and coral reef substrate. No natural resources utilized in this product are derived from living coral. Used in the aquarium it is beneficial to all organisms especially those that excrete calcium from their exoskeleton or utilize calcification as part of their physiological process. Fiji Gold contains calcium, magnesium and all major and minor trace minerals in their natural quantities and molecular structure to benefit invertebrates and fish. Because the minerals are in their natural state absolutely no waste or harmful build up of unused minerals will accumulate in your aquarium.

Instructions:
One tablespoon (15 ml) for thirty gallons (113 L.) mixed with tank water either directly into your aquarium or in the sump twice weekly. This recommended dose will maintain a consistent level of calcium between 440-480 ppm.

Specifications:
Contains no pharmaceutical grade minerals, buffers or additives of any kind.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I can't speak from personal experience, but one of the LFS we go to is in love with the stuff. He says it's absolutely amazing, so hopefully he's right and you got your moneys worth!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can not give you any input either because I have NEVER used it. I dont advise on products that I havent any first hand knoledge or excperience with.:cool:

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seshapir said:
I can't speak from personal experience, but one of the LFS we go to is in love with the stuff. He says it's absolutely amazing, so hopefully he's right and you got your moneys worth!
oh boy :banana:
well as long as it doesnt kill anything i say its good lol

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
tagging along. I got some free from hellolights when I ordered my mh light kit from them. used it once and boy did it cloud up the water for a few hours! didnt use it after that, but it didnt kill anything either.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eww noo i dont want cloudy water not even for a minute
does that happen with other calcium products too?

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
not all. the liquid ones ive used (red sea, kents) dont cloud the water for more than a few seconds. You could add the fiji supplement at night/lights out and it will be clear by morning, if you dont want to look at the mess.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
would it be ok to add it to fresh RO water during top offs? or it has to be placed in salt only?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
On the cloudiness... when I add my nano a & b, the water clouds up for a few minutes (after adding the 'b' part) and then it's clear again. When I add the Kent calcium the water doesn't cloud up at all.
Let us know if you see any results from the Fiji Gold. I've looked at it and wondered how it works but, haven't bought or tried any.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts