The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A nice relaxing day of nothing in stone, and see where the river takes us sorta day......HAPPY SUNDAY Y'ALL! We'All deserve them kind every once in a while. We do have rain, and anticipate deluge'inal amounts of it. ("I may have just invented that word?")

PLAN A in a none planned day sorta way, is to hit WonkyMart early before the PJ invasion zombies bum rush the doors. Got to get all the stuff for Easter that everyone forgets till the day before....and that's usually me.....so I actually have to stroll the aisles and think.

Coffee is on, and breakfast will be 'out there' somewhere in our gallivanting path. ("Who the heck ever invented 'spelling' any way......inventing 26, in our case, letters were restricting enough, but to then tell us how to put them in an 'agreed upon order is ridiculous......I never agreed upon it?")

Anyway, let's spend the day doing 'groovy',
Hack

·
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Doug, I see your 'Cowboy is a verb' thing, and up you a 'Groovy is a noun, verb, and an adjective' thing.
Hack

·
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooooooop'sy...... 1616928538853.png ! HAPPY PALM SUNDAY!
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack and all of TRT! Happy Palm Sunday.

Thanks for the coffee, Hack! I’ll add buttermilk Belgian waffles and dippy eggs, and all the stuff to go along with that plus fruit.

Now that you mention it, frozen custard is one of my favorites! And malteds? Oh my, that’s some tasty stuff.

Jeff - How did Max withstand the in between toe trim last night. My guess is that he knew that you knew what you were doing. 😂
Have a good visit with your mom and hope your chores go smoothly.

Perry - Good to see you! Glad it was nice enough outside last for you to enjoy a break under the stars.
Agreed on what do people do for money when they call in from work.

Some rain today. This afternoon Bobbi is coming over to help with chores. At 4:00 a friend of mine will be having her first graduate violin recital, so I’ll get that streaming so Bobbi and I can pay attention to that while doing stuff.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Mornin’ TRT.

Coffee is rapidly disappearing down the hatch. Probably a Keto bar of some kind with that.

Back into the high 80’s today. The cooling back off next week. Going to have problems shortly with snakes vs dogs.

More clean up on tap for today. Starting to make head way.

Caught up yesterday with an old buddy from the Air Force. His place in TX was in the path of the storms yesterday so I called to check in on him. No damage, but lots of rain. Hadn’t talked to him in a few months to it was a great catch up.

Y’all N’Joy the day.

·
Super Moderator
22,090 Posts
Morning all,
Up “early” as usual ,,,as always a dawg is the reason, it’s like they take turns,,,,,.

Cath, Max was fairly cool with feet/pad area trimming . Did not exactly roll over and off his tootsies heheh, but I’ve had worse.

After the standard java IV, I chose to harvest/disassemble Blyth’s late dad’s oxygen concentrator machine . Was a rental some 25 yrs ago and even tho Sis in law tried real hard for them to pick it up after he passed,,, it showed up here cuz I guess I’m a magnet for “stuff” , geez.
Not much aluminum and related scrap metal , so added to the pile here to add to my buddy’s restaurant equipment biz’s larger pile for his later recycle income. More to stay “in good” for future favors ...

Cool and overcast, could be worserer conditions to take the eave vent covers on Mom’s house in a bit,,,
Out of shop pop tarts to offer up to the TRT Training Table,,, but some oatmeat will happen when I head back to the house when Blyth n the Pack wake for the day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Administrator
46,687 Posts
Morning All, coffee is on here if you need more. Looking at hi of 71 or so, Was 1st Tee shirt day of the year yesterday. Worked on stereo in truck, came to conclusion the left output amp is blown. I was showing JoJo the snake nest mess the previous owner made when he pulled out his fancy deck and amp stuff. I have a single DIN Pioneer I nave new in box but the truck takes a bigger double DIN unit. At least I have tunes sort of.
Jeff what brand O2 Concentrator was it? I used to rebuild those
Steve, you got Mojaves in your neck of the woods?

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
Good afternoon, Steve, Jeff, and Doug! I bet Hack will chime in soonish...

Steve - Good to hear that your Air Force buddy didn’t have and damage from the storm and tornado action from the other day. Plus - you two had a chance to visit!

Jeff - Oatmeat! I knew I should have fixed that for part of the Sunday breakfast.
Hmmmm seems like you really are a magnet for collectibles and related items. I know💡Give that concentrator to Doug. ;)

·
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Top of the afternoon Y'All! Got in a short time ago from our morning out.....OBSERVATION.....one tends to spend less money when they have less money, and the converse holds true as well.

Treated ourselves to Longhorn Steak house, and sitting with my feet cocked up at the moment wishing I had an ounce of will power compares to 22 ounces of Rib Eye. Ouyyyyyyyyy(sp)

Once the stuffed to the gills feelings pass, next up on our agenda is as of yet a mystery to me.

Bundles of wonderful hopes to All,
Hack

·
Administrator
46,687 Posts
Steve i was referring to mojave rattlers, I know there are 3 species there, where I live we basica)y have mostly timber rattlers and a subspecies, 60 years ago in Eastern Oregon we occasionally saw bigaz Western Diamond backs..
Anyway got through work,, it was ugly,, think i am passing another kidney stone.. drownin in cranberry juice and distilled water

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
Hack - You ate a 22 oz ribeye? Holy moley! What did everyone else have?
I think it’s “Oyi,” but I’m not sure. ;)

Doug - Eeesh with the possible kidney stone!😫

Everyone take it east tonight. Especially Doug.

·
15,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh man, get the ear plugs out before the screaming starts! Sorry Doug.

There were 2 - 22 ouncers, and the Momma had a bowl of bunny food, that Nate kept saying my 'barely cooked' hunk of bovine was still eyeing up for it's lunch.

In the midst of a MIB marathon.....#3 going on now.

Coolness to All,
Hack

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Doug,

heres a qoute from Wikipedia.

Mojave rattlesnakes are found in the southwestern United States in southern California, southern Nevada, northern and eastern Nevada, extreme southwestern Utah, most of Arizona, southern New Mexico, and some of Texas. They are commonly found in Riverside, California.

I live in Riverside (county), CA. I don’t think I’ve seen one. But they are hard to tell the difference between them and the Western Diamondback.

I know its time to go find some .410 for my snake charmer. My favorite way to deal with them is with my bow. Shoot them, pin them to the ground with the arrow, then dispatch with a hoe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts