The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so I keep hearing about putting garlic in with the food. I'm not sure what I need to be feeding my fish. I alternate between cyclops, reef plankton, and brine shrimp (all are frozen) and flake food. at the fish store I see them with big bowls of mush that they are mixing up... help please

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
go for the mush!!! that is the best stuff for the tank. i tend to be to lazy so i use the frozen cubes by San Francisco Bay. i feed mainly mysis, Marine Cuisine, Emerald Entree, and full Krill.

stay away from the flake food and the brine. flake food is high in phosphates and brine shrimp have very little nutritional value to them

find out what the LFS puts in their mush. it is really easy to make, but if someone else is making it already then i would go for that. blender mush is great because the food size is extremely varied big pieces for the fish and itsy pieces for the corals and other filter feeders.

G~

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Geoff. But what about the garlic? what are the benefits and do I blend up cloves in with the mush?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts