The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 55 gallon tank it's a FOWLR right now, I have a thread fun butterfly a white sand sifting goby 3 green Chromis and a long nose hawkfish I'm having a problem feeding the hawk fish because it only eats frozen mysis shrimp that I put in. All the other fish eat flakes and stuff but I'm just wondering if I can feed the hawk fish the frozen mysis on a daily or every other day basis I can use some help deciding on foods I'm not to up to date on the types of foods and when to feed. Right now I just feed flakes everyday and frozen mysis twice a week. My main concern is just what do I feed my hawk fish will it be ok on frozen mysis or is there another food. Thanks from all your help

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No that's not the problem he does enjoy the mysis so does all his tank mates but can I feed those once a day or every other day?

·
Acroholic
3,188 Posts
My fish get live black worms, frozen mysis soaked in selcon, spectrum pellets soaked in selcon and brightwell vitamin m and frozen seafood mix every day. I highly recommend feeding multiple foods throughout the day instead of feeding just one thing once daily. Fat, happy fish are less territorial/stressed meaning more immune to diseases.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts