The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small rbta and At the local grocery store they sell frozen scallops. It says nothing addedc 100% sea scallops. Would these be ok to feed my rbta???

JD

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
If they are raw it is worth a try purchse some and cut a little piece off of it and feed it and see if it takes it! I used to use shrimp for mine.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also i've read people say they split frequently if fed vweekly, how frequent is frequently??

jd

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I have given my fish fresh seafood from my grocery store before. I had no problems with it but was told if I feed my fish fresh seafood I shold boil it first. I guess if the the seafood has something your fish can pick it up if the food is not cooked first.

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
Well I have known people just to make a business out of their roses, but be careful, I have found that they split due to stress so it is not always the best thing. I do not know any hard facts, but I know people that get rid of them because they split too much. It always cracks me up though for the ammount that these things split they are still expensive!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm not wanting to start a buisness with them or anything, quite the contray, i don't want to be overwhelmed with them. but still wanna make sure i feed them often enough

jd

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
I usually would take a few pieces of things out of the freezer each week and defrost them, chop them up and keep them in the fridge and just use them during the week. Your fish will eat stuff too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts