The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone quick question I have a clown, 3 blue damsels , a Diamond Goby, a coral Beauty, and a Cleaner shrimp in my tank. I have been feeding them flakes and also Hikari Bio-Pure FD Brine Shrimp. I was wondering if you guys think that's good, Or should I be making my own food and freezing it. I am also every like 2 or 3 days giving them some frozen Mysis shrimp . I just want to make sure I am feeding them a good diet and I figure everyone here would know best. Thanks!

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
I'd ditch the flakes. Also, I'd switch from Brine to mysis, as they are much more nutritious. You can also buy some formula one frozen food, which has "veggies" that the fish will appreciate. I also use new life spectrum sinking pellets, but some people will discourage their use due to a small amount of phosphates.
Finally, search the forum for "blender mush". Lots of recipes for homemade food that is really great for your reef.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response! I am going to look up some blender mush and probably go that route.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Hey everyone quick question I have a clown, 3 blue damsels , a Diamond Goby, a coral Beauty, and a Cleaner shrimp in my tank. I have been feeding them flakes and also Hikari Bio-Pure FD Brine Shrimp. I was wondering if you guys think that's good, Or should I be making my own food and freezing it. I am also every like 2 or 3 days giving them some frozen Mysis shrimp . I just want to make sure I am feeding them a good diet and I figure everyone here would know best. Thanks!
What your feeding is fine, but adding a few other foods to the mix wouldn't hurt either. Just as an example, Prime Reef flakes, Spirulina flakes, beef heart, (frozen) Formula One, (frozen) live black worms, etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts