The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 Clownfish (Ocelaris) , 2 Dotty backs (Neon and a purple) and a fire shrimp. Currently we are feeding them a small pinch of flake food in the morning, 2 small brine shrimp cube in the afternoon and another small pinch of flake food at bed. Is this the proper amound/type of food to be giving? They seem to like the brine shrimp the best. How much is too much and how much is too little. The local LFS all have different opinions. Just looking for some insight. Thanks!

·
Active Anemone
1,664 Posts
Everyone will have different feeding habits. I have 2 clownfish at work and i try to feed them as little as possible to keep maintenance down but also keep happy fish.

I feed them about 5-7 flakes of flake food right away at noon and again at 4 every day. That is it though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Imo might be too much. How big is the cube? The ones I feed are are about 1/2" square and feed only half. every couple days or so. Also feed omega one pellets, the small size. i also have clowns and a neon dottyback, both for 2 years now. Feeding small amounts through the day is best if you can. Fish should look full but not too full. If that makes sense?!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks! After reading some other threads I asked the store where I purchased the fish what they used to feed. They fed them omega one pellets and every couple days they switched it up by taking the brine shrimp cubes 1-2 (1/2"x1/4"x1/4") and dissolving them in a small amount of tank water in a bowl. Than they used a syringe to suck it up and squirt it near the fish and watch that they eat. Once the fish slowed down or stop eating they stopped feeding. I did this last night with the brine shrimp and I am going to purchase omega one pellets tonight. The dottybacks wont let me feed them but the clownfish are pretty calm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts