The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2 inch Maxima that has attached to a scallop shell nicely. I have a bottle of DT's and add the recommended amount every other day to the tank. I have read that you can put the clam in a bowl of water and add the DT's, allowing the clam to feast for 20 miutes, then put it back in the tank. Which method is better?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Tooshay,
If you are feeding the clam this often IMO it is best to feed in a bowl. This way you use less DT's and you decrease the import of organics into your tank. Although feeding DT's to your tank once a week would not be a bad thing. When moving the clam make sure it does not have any air bubbles in its shell/ under the mantle. If you can move it and keep it under water the entire time even better. Take care of that baby clam, and send us some pix.
AlienDomain

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I put, say... 2 cups of tank water in a bowl with my clam, how much DT's should I put in? I just kind of dump until it looks like green water. There are no directions on the bottle for feeding out of the tank. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Tooshay said:
If I put, say... 2 cups of tank water in a bowl with my clam, how much DT's should I put in? I just kind of dump until it looks like green water. There are no directions on the bottle for feeding out of the tank. Thanks for your help.
Just dump it in till the water is a nice green and give the clam time to turn the water clearer.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts