The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they good to deal with? They seemed more inline with my needs than the other SW shop in Salem. I asked if they gave store credit for frags, but the kid seemed to misunderstand me. I didn't want to make a huge point about it then, but I was wondering if anyone else had?

TIA

·
Registered
578 Posts
I like both the shops in Salem. I have never talked to them about frag swaps because I am new to the hobby. If you have frags let me know because I am currently setting up tanks in my classroom. I could probably give you a better deal then the fish stores. I have found that in both shops more questions I ask and smoozing I do the better the deals I get. You might want to buy a few things first and then approach them about frag trades.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. All I got is algae - seems like people aren’t too interested swapping that! I was just wondering if it were even something to consider (to help subsidize the hobby)

So what kind of setup’s are you setting up for which school?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I am currently in the works for 3 tanks. I have a 29 tall with a donated MH lite set up. (reef) One 50 gal that will be a softies reef tank and one 50 gal that will be a friendly, symbiotic type fish only tank except I will also let a few shrimp reside there. At present I am also considering setting up a refugium that will have a few seahorses in it. My goal is to cover as many animal phylums as possible.

·
Registered
578 Posts
After 2nd thought I will probably set up a stand alone tank, small, with a few sea horses. The refug will only have macro and copepods.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr. S said:
I am currently in the works for 3 tanks. I have a 29 tall with a donated MH lite set up. (reef) One 50 gal that will be a softies reef tank and one 50 gal that will be a friendly, symbiotic type fish only tank except I will also let a few shrimp reside there. At present I am also considering setting up a refugium that will have a few seahorses in it. My goal is to cover as many animal phylums as possible.
Sounds cool. Hope it works out. So will you have to drag your bones into work during the summer to maintain the setups?

You know what pennies do to reef tanks right? Hope the hoodlums keep their hands in their pockets. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just for what its worth.... I have bought quite a bit of stuff from saltwater fantasy and have always had good luck with them.

Prices seem to be reasonable also.

Just curious..what other reef store is there in Salem? I thought saltwater fantasy was the only one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts