The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Keen Reefer
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all,

I recently acquired a second feather duster and put it in my 2 gallon pico. He was fine for the first couple of days, then I found him on the sand outside his tube. He didn't lose his crown or anything, just left his tube. This afternoon I noticed he had split himself in two! :eek: Not like a sea cucumber does, but like he cut himself in two separate pieces! he has between 1-2 inches of worm left between his crown. The rest is just lying behind him, disconnected. What should I do?

·
Keen Reefer
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but I can never seem to get pictures up on here. :(

----- --k

I know that that wont help, but that is my little diagram. :D He isn't strait like that though. There is nothing else but dwarf seahorses and corals in the tank, so I know he wasn't attacked. The only thing that I can think of was when he would open up, one or two of his feathers would sometimes hit a rock.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Use imgur.com to host your pictures. You can easily upload them with drag-and-drop, then click the picture after uploaded click the picture and use the 'linked BBC code link, copy and paste that into the message box and you're good.

·
Keen Reefer
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, it is a little late for pics. I just disposed of the body this morning. He was starting to decompose. Suck a shame, he was a pretty maroon color with little yellow bands.

·
Keen Reefer
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, here is one our of its tube. This image is not mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts