The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My wife made it a point at work to tell everyone that she was buying me "rock" for fathers day. Now everyone there thinks I am a crack head cop. Just thought I'd share that with the board.

LOL

Steve

PS

She got me 5 1/2 lbs of it.

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
i'm always worried about getting pulled over with some of the weird reef related things in my car five gallon buckets of green caulerpa, jars of kalk,buckets full of coral frags. skimmers that really resemble the bongs i used to indulge in in my school days. driving home with my calcium reactor that looks somewhat like a bomb or nuclear device. i dont know if some of these items would be explainable.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
:funny: :funny: good one steve !!

good thing she didnt say.. i'm buying him some rock to go with his reef ;)

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Recently I took my son's car in for some work. Understand, it's an old rusty '87 gold Cavalier affectionately known in town as "the nugget". After I dropped it off for CV joint repair, he asked me if I cleaned out his trunk first...No, hadn't even looked.

When we picked up his car, he showed me the contents of his trunk:

black gloves, black socks, old black tennis shoes, black ski mask, large heavy plumber's wrench-type thing, black flashlight, old black sweatshirt, old, very old black jeans. Hmmmm.

Trevor, so what's the deal?

"Theater Tech, Mom. Have to be able to sneak across the back of the stage." :funny: :eek:

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's interesting... I didn't realize that the CV joints on a Cavalier were located in the trunk... what's Chevy thinking? :D
I would've been curious why the auto shop was rummaging through the trunk in the first place... but that's just me... ;)
That is an interesting set of 'equipment' to be carrying around in the car though... :funny:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hehehe... that's too funny though. I just get suspicious of auto shops I guess... I've had friends that had money taken from their glove compartment, CD's stolen, even one friend had a shop clean out his ashtray which he kept his change in. :eek:
Of course, usually on the waiver you sign before they start doing any work there's a little clause where they aren't responsible for 'lost' or stolen articles from your vehicle...
I thought it was the auto shop who called you to say that your son had burglar's tools in the trunk. :D
That's what got me wondering why they were in the trunk in the first place... thought they may have been looking for 'goodies'... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts