The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you not on my email list I have my announcement below. Just want you all to know that I have appreciated the support of RMMAC and will continue to push for more membership through our final days. Once again thanks for your comments, suggestions, and especially your patronage.

Important Notice<O:p></O:p>

It is with deep regret that we have to announce that Exotic World Of Fish will be closing its doors. Due to economic conditions, we have been experiencing a steady decline in sales and have determined that we will be unable to wait out the current economic downturn. We wish to also express our sympathies to those of our customers and friends who have experienced job layoffs, reduced hours, and other financial difficulties in these past trying months.<O:p></O:p>

<O:p
We have not, as of yet, set an actual closing date but believe it will be within a month. We encourage any of you who still have gift cards to come in and use them while we still have inventory. Unfortunately, we will no longer be placing orders for either livestock or dry goods.<O:p></O:p>

<O:p
Finally, we wish to express our deep appreciation and many thanks to all of our loyal and dedicated customers who have stuck by us these past years. All of you have made the struggle worthwhile and I am very sorry that we can no longer offer the service you all deserve, I enjoyed our time very much.<O:p></O:p>

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Sorry, I hope the best for you, I wish I knew about you sooner even though I didn't make it over there that often the previous couple times I wondered what was over in Rochester for stores. My Duncan I picked up from you is doing great and really appreciated the gift card from the olub and you

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
You gave it a good run. You did your best and are an honest businessman. You can be proud of what you accomplished. You treated your customers with respect and we appreciated it. No one could have seen this depression coming, and it could not have hit at a worst time for you. Wish you all the best.
Now, can you cut me a deal on that 180... ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am truly saddened:wzbigcry:by this devoplment. hope to see you and yours around, also good luck to you

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
You gave it a good run. You did your best and are an honest businessman. You can be proud of what you accomplished. You treated your customers with respect and we appreciated it. No one could have seen this depression coming, and it could not have hit at a worst time for you. Wish you all the best.
Now, can you cut me a deal on that 180... ;)
Excellent, this is exactly how probly all of us feel. It is difficult to find a fair priced store with knowledgeable help. Brad always did right by all his customers. I will definitely miss making this one of my regular stops in Rochester. Thank you so much Brad for everything you gave to us hobbyists.

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
I think it would almost be fitting to do a fond farewell.......... say a toast and cheers to Brad and the store. It is just sad to see it go out in a sad way...........
Lets all meet on Sat and drink beer and drain tanks....I am off this weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
not a bad idea.
Sat is FEB 14th....bad idea.\
I am free all next week....21st.
Still need to hear if Brad needs a hand first.
So just use the 14th to go buy all the stuff he has in the shop:D

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
You guys must not have "lady friends". Saturday is Valentines Day, my wife would kill me. :p

Definately would pitch my help in though when it actually does close. After all he didnt actually set a close date yet.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Talked to Brad about maybe giving EWOF a fond farwell. In other words rather than letting it wimper away we could have a small gathering. Maybe a cold one or four and if need be offer a hand or just give a bit of love back to Brad as he is feeling pretty bad. He said maybe in a couple weeks as he is still selling stock and has customers. I will check with him next week if I havent heard anything else from him before.

Cheers!!
Jamie/Odie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts