The Reef Tank banner

False Perc turning black

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  PHIL GUY 
#1 ·
Hey folks - I've had a false perc for about 1.5 years who was totally orange except for the normal stripes and colors. Today we noticed he is getting black along the top half of his body. Is this normal aging or is there some changes that take place with them? Thanks for your help.:help:

#3 ·
mine started out orange and white, but after a year old they were half black,,its been 2 years now and they dont change any more.. they have orange faces and orange bellys.. the male still has orange circles in his front fins.. there colors are very unique..so many breeders want the eggs that they lay to keep the same blood line going

#10 ·
..giving them to my lfs who breeds his clowns in the store..he gives my store credit..;)

#11 ·
and that would be the female, she wears the mustash in the family while she boses the male to take care of the eggs:read: this will give females ideas now:funny:

#9 ·
heh! Groucho Fish...

btw, black clowns start out looking like orange clowns and only become black as they mature. I am sure that there have been incidences of cross breeding withing the lines of different captive-bred clowns, both intentional and accidental.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.