The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I'm sure everyone is aware of the upcoming hot weather it never hurts to remind people to have a plan for your tank. Also keep in mind brown outs, especially on Friday, are a good possiblity. Not so much on the weekend due to a lot of businesses being closed and not consuming. Having ice or a generator on hand may not be such a bad idea.

Kevin

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
David Grigor said:
Perhaps this will give the AC Jr. a workout with the max temp. command to turn off the lights.....
I know that the ac light turn off feature works on mine. 83 it starts shutting them down. Hopefully the brownouts won't happen. Can't remember the last time I had that happen.

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
Wow it will be hot for moving for sure. Not sure if I would want to move in the extreme heat or move when it was -20 a few years back helping my cousin move.

I will be making some extra ice for this weekend just in case :)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I have my central air set at 70. I hope I'm safe and there won't be any power outages.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
If anyone needs a UPS to cover brownouts let me know. I have one sitting around that can run a standard tank for a day or so.

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
you looking at selling it?? and how much $$$, how many watts does it cover?

Frogbone said:
If anyone needs a UPS to cover brownouts let me know. I have one sitting around that can run a standard tank for a day or so.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Petunia said:
I have my central air set at 70. I hope I'm safe and there won't be any power outages.
I think I would hear the yell from the other room when the bill came like Soltaker if we kept it as low as 70. Fortunately for us the tanks are in the basement and I no longer have any MH's running so doesn't put that much strain on the A/C.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts