The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here are some pics of the tank as of today . i still had to keep about 20-25 lbs of l.r. , as there were some corals that i couldn't bare to take a hammer and chisel to remove . so i will start with a pic of the old set-up , which some of you will probally like better .

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and this is the new look ! with out the rock in there i was able to get an additional 1/2" of wave out of the wave box , and boy did it help out the flow ! and all the corals from the first pic are in there , minus the xenia , soft corals and some zoos !

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what to do with the frogspawn ( scratching head ) ? fasten it to one of the drains ! brilliant !

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i still have a few things to place perminently but i want to watch them for a few days and see how they react to the flow .

·
Detritus is not a pet
386 Posts
I like the new open look, I'm sure your corals will like it even better. The rock structure could use some tweaking, at least for my taste, a lower profile will suit it better, but I see the problem you might have with corals that are attached to this rock. Those clams are huge and take a lot of space in there. Overall I like it FWIW.

I can just see the threads popping in other boards "These people are crazy, now they're talking about taking the LR out of the tank along with the sand...the madness" :rotflmao: :lol: "He has turned them into a cult"

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gman0526 said:
I like the new open look, I'm sure your corals will like it even better. The rock structure could use some tweaking, at least for my taste, a lower profile will suit it better, but I see the problem you might have with corals that are attached to this rock. Those clams are huge and take a lot of space in there. Overall I like it FWIW.

I can just see the threads popping in other boards "These people are crazy, now they're talking about taking the LR out of the tank along with the sand...the madness" :rotflmao: :lol: "He has turned them into a cult"
oh ! the madness !:funny: your right about the rocks , some of the corals wouldn't look good sideways !:nuts:

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
VWD said:
Looks really great, I love the looks of your tank, very cool BB tank, I notice some brown stuff thet is under rock and not covering the whole bottom, What id That?
thank you! id be polyester casting resin . i wanted something to mount the corals on , so woo-la ! i added a little too much coloring , i was looking for it too be a lot lighter . i started friday morning at about 7 o'clock a.m. and finished up around 10 o'clock p.m. ! long day ......:)

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks whisk ! it'll be interesting to see it in the next few months . by the way don't you ever sleep :funny: ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts