The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for some fish that none of my LFSs seem to carry, or have been able to get as yet. I heard about this operation (www.themarinecenter.com), which is located in Dallas/Fort Worth area, and they've sent me an email that says they have what I'm looking for in stock.

My question is, have many people out there used them? Are they a good operation? Would love to hear your experiences, good or bad. Thanks for the help. :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm...
Thats interesting Geoff. I just posted on their "your want list" yesterday, and they answered with an e-mail today. But I would definitely consider responsiveness to emails (or the lack thereof) a good customer service indicator. Anyone else with experience with these folks?

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
yep...we got our copperband from them cuz I wanted a "real" one from Australia. The fish was shipped in at least a gallon of water! They were great to deal with. I will definately buy from them again. :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jon and Brooke.

I did a search on that "other" board (also did a couple here but didn't find much, hence this post). Anyway, its seems a number of folks have had some difficulty getting through to them via telephone and/or email. But most seem to be happy with the products they've gotten. Maybe I'll give them a call and see what happens.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Let us know if you got through to them as I have thought about ordering from them as well!:)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Ok guys I do not order from them no stay alive guarantee that means if he goes in your tank and dies 5 mins later your outa luck they will do nothing I just lost $400 because of them I will go to
Marinedepotlive from now on,they do package well though.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
So Casey you actually got an order from The Marine Center? I believe they did have a guarantee when we ordered our fish.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Yes Brooke 2 weeks ago a Scribbled Angel and a Chevron tang,they only guarantee it to be alive in the bag, once it hits your tank thats it,both died 4 days later from internal parasites I called them and they basically told me to bad for me:( That was my last order with them!:mad:Please remember they do not have a 5 day or any day stay alive policy,Im sorry I just can not recommend them,I recommend marinedepotlive.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
double hmmmm....

Thats also interesting. I went back and checked their website re: their arrive alive policy. It mentions nothing about guarenteeing the fish will survive for any specified number of days past delivery, they just simply gaurentee it will be alive on arrival. They do claim that they keep and quarentine all fish for "a minimum of two weeks so that only healthy fish are shipped." Seems to me that if you were confident that you were only shipping healthy specimens, you'd be more willing to guarentee them for at least a few days past arrival, as seems to be the mail order industry standard. Plus they are more expensive.

I guess I'm going to have to give this some more thought, and I'll see if I can get some clarification on their arrive alive policy. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all for the input. :)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I just sent an e-mail to marinecenter and expressed my feelings on their arrive alive policy and that it was the industry wide norm to have 3-5 days live policy!

Don't think I will order any fish from them as well!:)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Yes they are very expensive and they did not ship me a healthy fish you can see his side bulging in the pic,that is where the parasite ate thru him at it was really gross,he came in with his side bulging.:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
That stinks Casey. I agree for the price you pay for some of the fish there they should definately have a stay alive guarantee. :( I hope yours was an isolated incident...but even so without a stay alive guarantee I probably wouldn't order from them again either.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just as a follow up. I sent an email reply to "Angela" at The Marine Center on Aug. 9 (9 days ago), saying I was interested in buying the two fish I had inquired about, and asking clarification on their arrive alive policy. To date, still no response. I think I'll pass on ordering from them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts