The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what is it, am i magnet for excitement and disasters, i dont know, but here is another odd story that happened to (near) me today.

so, i go to lowes to pick up the wood for steve's canopy. while i'm getting the wood, there is this large man looking at vinyl siding. he's ticked off because they only have light grey, white, and rust. but they have three pieces of dark grey. it's the dark grey he wants, but they tell him they dont sell dark grey.

so he starts throwing a fit, "i'm looking at 3 pieces of f*****g dark grey right here, how can you tell me you dont sell f*****g dark grey!" so the employee, gets the team leader for the dept. he comes and says sorry we dont sell dark grey, only white light grey and rust. again the man goes off, screaming profanities, and throwing a standard temper tantrum.

so the team leader goes and gets the manager, who then explains that it's possible that someone bought dark grey at a different store, then returned it to thier store, which would explain why there are only three pieces. the manager then offers to call the other stores, and see who carries dark grey, and then the man can go to that store to get it.

this isnt good enough, he throws a fit again, and demands that when the manager finds the store that carries it, he wants it delivered to *this* store (where we are now.) he doesnt feel he should have to drive to another store, because they have three pieces of dark grey on the shelf, therefor they are obligated to provide him with all the dark grey he needs.

the manager says this isnt possible. the man throws a fit again, and gets progressivly louder. by now it would seem the fireworks are over, so i start to head to the checkout stand. then i hear the manager tell the guy he has to leave the store. the guy throws a fit, its a free country, blah blah blah. the manger then tells the man, if you dont leave now, i'll call and have the police remove you. you are causing an unneccessary disturbance etc...

so the man heads to the parking lot, screaming the whole way.

i pay for the lumber, and as i walk out the door, i see it coming. the mans big old chevy crapalanche, heading straight for the door. i do a quick double time to the left, and a few seconds later, his truck is now through the glass front doors, and sitting in the foyer of the store!! he drove right through the front of the store!!!

then as i turn around he opens his door, jumps out and hollers "NOW YOU HAVE A REASON FOR THE F*****G POLICE COME REMOVE ME!!!"

i could not belive it, i was in aboslute shock. it was by far, one of the funniest, and saddest things i have ever seen in my life.

all because he didnt want to drive to another store.

i didnt habg out and wait to see if htere were fireworks when the cops showed up, i had work to do :)

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
OMG.... that's too funny....

I can only imagine the hell his wife is gonna give him about that stunt....

·
Super Moderator
27,677 Posts
Casey said:
:funny: Good one Jay and that truck sucks:)
Brahahaha! Actually, I pity his wife (horrors, if he has one), if she has to put with that s_ day in and day out.

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Face it Jay...Your a magnet for "excitement!" :D

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Somehow, I'm not surprised. What a story, though. Over population...he needs to do society a favor and do like a lemming....take a long leap...

Now, my practical question...How on Earth did he manage to drive through the front door and NOT hit someone on the other side???? He HAD to have known he might KILL someone!!

~pathetic.

·
Administrator
47,636 Posts
mnreefman said:
lemme guess you drive fords????
Hey now I have driven an Avalanche and its kinda nice, I wouldnt pay extra for the cad version tho, they are Really big cars with really big trunks, actually they remind me of the GRANDMOBILE in the movie, "The MAgic Christian" ;)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah no doubt, i would love to see this guy on the next Darwin's Recipient list :)

i dont drive chevy or ford per se, i just drive whatever works. I have a chevy cavalier, a buick regal, a gmc safari, and a ford taurus. i dont havea preferance on "make"

but my buddy has an avalanche, and i always call it a "crapalanche", and he calls my taurus a "taurskin"

i just dont like the big "suv's" they annoy me. i used to drive to Montreal twice a month. i would get there on 30 bucks in my taurus. last year i leased an Escalade just to see if it would be nice or not. i drove it to montreal, cost me 90 bucks to get there. i returned it at the end of the month, after it sat in the driveway collecting dust :D

·
Administrator
47,636 Posts
I agree on the gas, esp at todays prices :( tho when I used the avalanche for campout last year, I averaged 19 mpg, not bad considering its nearly as big as the carrier my son in law serves on ;)
I like the chevy Astro version of the Safari, I drove one at work fore a long time, and loved it. Looking for an AWD model to mod into a camp mobile :D

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'll stick with the Ford products. Mercury Mountaineer and Taurus SHO. They both drink plenty of gas but they get me where I want to go and I don't have to worry about not having enough power or braking for evasive maneuvers. (I drive in ATL traffic every day, and let me tell you, lots of idiots)

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
FYIY, I drive a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Tell ya what that blower on it makes my drive home from work both short and exciting!! :D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
;) my step dad has worked at GM Powertrain for 30+ years :)

oh yeah, and when i was in high school, my girlfriends dad worked at Jeep (home based in Toledo) and at the time i owned a Suziki Samuraii :) he refused to let me park within 5 houses of his, and would not let me pick her up in the "jeep" if he was home :funny:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts